Custom Nametags for SAAS (Seattle Area Aquarium Swap) and mo

I figured I'd branch off this subtopic from the SAAS topic, in hopes that it will make it easier for other users to find this, instead of having to weed through the previous thread that already contains a lot of good information about the event.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If we decide to do something a little fancier than just "Hi My Name Is" sticker name tags....
I've come up with a simple Name Tag, for all of us to use (it does require some photo editing, adding your name and/or Avatar. But I could also volunteer and work on some of them, then send em your way, all you have to do is just print it out :)

I figured it would be nice to have uniform WaFishBox nametags, that had our real names, AND our WaFishBox names. I think it would make it a lot easier to identify people and who's who, by showing both names, along with our current avatars :)

Here's what I have so far:

This is the sample, pretty self explanatory, it should be easy enough to copy and paste your wafishbox avatar onto the nametag in MS Paint, or some sort of picture editing software.

Here is what mine would look like:

And here is a blank one that you all can edit/print out. You could just print out a blank one, and write your names on the cards, either way :)

If anyone is incapable of editing the blank one, and would like one, let me know, and I can make one up for you, just shoot me a PM.

OR

If you just want a simple name tag, I s'pose we could just write our names and wafishbox names down on those boring sticker nametags. LOL... I just figured it'd be cool/neat to have a little WaFishBox nametag of our own, make us more "official" per se. lol!

Here's another example of FishloverRon's nametag looks like.
FishloverRon

(Click to Enlarge)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

With that said, if anyone else wants their own nametag, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with your info, and I would be more than happy to make one for you, then all you have to do is print it out, and you're all set! I would advise that you print it on cardstock, or have it laminated, or put it in one of those ID Card holder necklace things, that way we can use them for future WaFishBox events, or just carry them around in other events =P

Now, I also have an idea for business cards. . . or just little handout cards that we can hand out to people who aren't members yet, that might be inclined to join. I'll come up with something simple, and see if I can print some out and hand them out to people at the Swap. Or have them laying on the tables for people to pick up. I figured I'd use the current WaFishBox logo, to keep it uniform with the website/nametags/and whathaveyou.

UPDATE 3/3/2013 - 1:14am
Here's what I have so far for the business card. Really simple, although it seems like it's missing something. . . or, I'm just not very happy with it. If you come up with any ideas, please let me know! I was thinking of incorporating a QR code somewhere in the business cards, but I really hate QR codes, but it seems to be the "in" thing with business cards these days, and they're fairly simple to create.

UPDATE 3/3/2013 - 2:31am
Here's a business card with a QR code, when scanned with a smartphone that has a QR code scanner, it should automatically redirect you to our forum. Simple as that. I find it redundant to have a QR code if the URL is already displayed on the card, but again, that's the fad that's going on with business cards these days. I tested the QR code with my phone, and it works. It should work for the rest of you as well. :)

lars on

Re: Custom Nametags for SAAS (Seattle Area Aquarium Swap) and more?

All the non fishbox members gonna be trippin over our SWAG. They look great!

Lars On: Can't wait to put em on. Shoot, Saturday here we come!

Thanks Ron! Hopefully this catches on, so that we're not the only three wearing nametags hahaha

Will be printing some of these out tomorrow on some cardstock. Hopefully they look nice :D

Madness

Staff member

I will take one. I will be there but dont think that I will have enough items to warrant a table.

Great Madness! Take one anyway! I got you down for it! It's not that formal a deal. You know that! You were a great addition to the last one!

Madness, great! I'll make one up for ya. Could you PM me your full name? :) or just type it here, whichever. lol

First batch of Nametags are done. Boy, they're a lot harder to make than I thought. LOL. They're printed on both sides...something about having them printed on both sides makes me like them more. Must be my OCD kicking in. :lmfao:
FishloverRon, Madness, and Lars On, I'll hand them to you when I see you at the swap...assuming I know how you all look like haha! Or you can just approach me. :nutkick:

Madness

Staff member

Very nice. :D :punk: :spoton: :woot:

cuashidor3

I will like to get one please felix maceda aka cuashidor3

Angelman

Can I get one?

Aron Jemison aka Angelman

Please.. and thank you

cuashidor3 and Angelman, sure thing! :) I'll have em by tomorrow, and I will pass them out at the Swap, just look for a guy carrying a whole bunch of ID Nametags, that'll most likely be me. LOL

Thanks Madness! :)

Lamental Jester

This is awesome! I'm gonna go ahead and make mine... go go gadget Photoshop!!!

Lamental Jester: Sweet!! :D Lemme know if you want me to make yours, uniformity would be nice :) Alas, go go go, woopwoop!

Lamental Jester

You're right, maybe you should make mine for the unifomity, I just didn't wanna stick you with the extra work, wafishbox citizens unite!!!!

Graham Oliveto aka Lamental Jester

Lamental Jester: oh it doesn't take much work to edit the picture (thankfully) . . . it's printing them out, laminating them, and cutting them that is work intensive, but I REALLY don't mind! Hahaha!! Thanks for the info! I'll have it done with this 2nd batch by tonight, hopefully. :D

-Edit-
2nd batch is halfway done! Nametags created and printed. I will laminate them tomorrow. Woohoo!

Salzabar

Poke...All I have to say is: YOU ROCK!