Current USA Freshwater Satellite LED+ Light Fixture

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
You had mentioned that. Mine have those little eyes that have a sticky back and a pretty long cord attached so that you can mount it outside a canopy for example. In my opion they should have made these plug into the light so that it would be easier to fish them through a small hole for instance. Or to have an extension to be able to take the cord out further if necessary. I ended up wraping my cords around the extension arms and using small zip ties to fasten and then sticking the eye to the top of the fixture.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I got the basic one as well "Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED" I paid $52.54 with tax and free shipping for this one. It's the 24-30" size.
This is what I use on my 40B but the 36" one. I wanted to get it for my 20L but I found an even better deal on ebay. AquaticLife 30" full spectrum freshwater for $27 total.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquatic-Life-LED-Freshwater-Aquarium-Light-30-Inch-Expandable-12-Watt-42-LEDs-/251515039617?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
Im not growing out plants with it but I think it would do a good job in the 20L I just set up

The Current Satellite is pretty bright, Im glad the have the wired in remote so that you can turn down both the white and blue LED otherwise way too bright for my little puffer.

That's right, I remember now. Yes, I remember seeing the cord wrapped around the extendable legs! I do prefer the "eyes" vs the one that I have, that's for sure. I wonder why they (Current USA) decided to go that route... Anyway, the only "advantage" I can see with the ones I have, is that they are smaller, so you can literally stick them anywhere without them being too noticeable.

Another thing I like about the eye version (the one you have), is that they seem to have a 360 degree uh... scope... so that you can literally point at the eye from whatever angle/position you are in... compared to the one I have, where you need to literally be infront of the receiver for it to pick up any infrared signals coming from the remote.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
We are now calling it an 'eye' but I think we said something about 'nipple' in our conversation  :lmfao: 

DMD123 said:
We are now calling it an 'eye' but I think we said something about 'nipple' in our conversation  :lmfao: 
yyyyyyyyyyyeah... I wasn't sure what exactly what to call it, but Current USA officially calls it an Eye Receiver...  :cheers: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I would really like to see what they had set yours up with before they went to the 'eye'

Here's how it looks:

You see now, why I like the look of the eye more? It just looks more visually/aesthetically appealing. Although, if you're all about keeping things hidden, then I s'pose this "non-eye" thing would suit better.

Anthraxx

i love mine so freaking much, im constantly messing with the settings. its been very stormy lately in that tank thats for sure :p id reccomend this in a heart beat to anybody looking at LED lighting.
on a side note: petco has them on sale online right now. pretty darn cheap too and free shipping.