Cryptoheros Kanna prespawn color.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very nice! My wc caught pair of amatitlania siquia. Just claimed their first victim ...... Protecting their fry the just killed one of my larger rio mag fry 3". Love the colors on your female, my female never shows any color but the male makes up for it..... Does your female lose those colors when actually spawning?

River

I have a question for Bassetman. But because I can't find here anyware the ability to send a private messages I wil try it this way.

Hello Bassetman

I created an account on this forum specifically to make contact with you. I am a member of the Dutch Cichlids association and write regularly articles for our club. Currently I am working on a fishdescription of C. kanna. Therefore I am looking for a suitable pair of pictures of these fish. Those of you are actually the best I can find on the internet because they are showing the specific characteristics, like the high-build.

Therefore, I would like to have your permission to post your photos ad the fishdescriptin. Of course with attribution of youre real name. Can you tell me also how you came to the fish?

Regards, Rene.B

bassetman

Fish are From Jeff Rapps of Tangled Up In Cichlids. Real name is Tom Cooper. Please use the images.

Below my avatar and info on the left side of the post should be a PM bubble.

Sent you PM.

River

I do'nt have such a, button Tom;) but maybey the moderator sets a minimum number of postings on enabeling PM-capabilities.

However, I can receive PM, so I have also received your PM.

I will send the description to your e-mail address.

Thank you very mutch for your cooperation

dwarfpike

An amazingly beautiful member of the convict group.

Is the blue lipstick just a picture thing, or is it noticeable all the time (last pic doesn't seem to show it)?

bassetman

dwarfpike said:
An amazingly beautiful member of the convict group.

Is the blue lipstick just a picture thing, or is it noticeable all the time (last pic doesn't seem to show it)?

I think it is a light/angle thing on the lip shine. ;)

LuminousAphid

I thought they looked a lot like convicts... are these a closely related species? funny that they are not in the same genus. I see they used to be considered the same genus, though? They look very similar, but more colorful

Hobbykwekers

I would like to ask your permission to use the photo's in the same way as Rene, I am allowed to use Rivers articles on my site www.hobbykwekers.nl Your name will be credited and I can provide a link back to this site if you want to.

Do you have video of this species?