Crappy Photos of my tanks

Bob

I got some big ones at Conway Tropical fish a few weeks ago. They have really good shape to them but the colors are not nearly are dark.

Bob

Couple quick shots of my 40 breeder.

P1030012_zpsvbnjmb6z.jpg

P1030011_zpsbiim9sxe.jpg

P1030010_zpsxyv8pilq.jpg

P1030009_zpsohqddt08.jpg

Discuslover

Aquarium Co-Op said:
we should start a club on who still has stickers on their tanks lol. I have one with crystal shrimp with the tetra sticker still on the front.
Lol.....i turn mine around

Bob

Had to combine Malawi grow outs into my 75g tang tank while tanking down and moving around some other tanks. Pleasantly surprised how well everyone is getting along.
https://youtu.be/zaZGwBMMY_M

One of the new tanks, 75g. Still a work in progress, will be adding more plants throughout the weekend.
https://youtu.be/YqcSvh8wmrw

Lowes stand up, new stand for the 75 and 2 20g below it.

P1030091_zpseh5e6972.jpg

And an update on my 40b planted
P1030081_zpsl2zndwgy.jpg

Some of the new Paracyp Blue Neons, and a random fry i pulled out of my 55 malawi tank.
P1030092_zpssygnwyog.jpg

Bob

A few updates

Neglected 40 breeder getting over grown.
P1030143_zpsnshmxf7w.jpg

New Ruti Island colony courtesy of GSAS members Jay and Carol
P1030160_zpsgg2jjrfk.jpg

My mixed rainbow colony
P1030118_zpsopnpuk8e.jpg

My 125 African
https://youtu.be/94mHIvSb39U

Bottom 40 is a colony of Pseudomugil gertrudae and a few hundred shrimps.
P1030163_zpsbo39azes.jpg

Bottom 40 here is fry ive managed to save from my afican tanks.
P1030164_zpsyeye9xgg.jpg

Any tips on reducing glare and taking pictures of fish in general would be helpful.
I have tanks on every wall, turning off the lights on tanks im not taking pictures of helps. However i still get really bad glare. Maybe because im using a cheap digital camera?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Take pictures looking up at the tank. Or put a towel over the light itself.

flamechica

I get really bad glare trying to take pics of any of my tanks with LED lights and I don't even have my tanks next to each other. I have to take pics at strange angles or looking up or down at the tanks. I think I will definitely try the towel idea from Cory. I hadn't thought of that.

jrygel

Any camera, even a high-end DSLR, can only handle a certain range of different levels of light. Better cameras handle it more smoothly, but there's no getting away from it. Do the best you can to get any sources of light that are significantly brighter than the tank you are trying to photograph (like glare from the top) out of the frame - the towel idea is a good simple solution. Even light sources that are out of the frame can create lens glare by entering the lens at an angle and bouncing around inside the lens without actually making it to the image sensor as anything but a cloudy looking glare.

-Justin