Come on lay eggs already

alotadollars

SO i have been rubbing my 2 fish together for about 2 days and i have not seen any eggs yet, about how long does it take after you rub there bellys together before they lay eggs?

Madness

Staff member
If I only new. :scratch:

But if you figure out what works. Please. Let me know. Right now I put some peat in my filter to gently lower the ph, then I will do a water change, with slightly cooler water and remove the peat.

That's my plan. I swear I have tried everything. :x

alotadollars

lol, did the peat change your water brown? let me know how much that peat lowers ph, mine i think is a little high at 7.6-7.8. and where did you get it?

i also brought my temp up to 84

Madness

Staff member
I purchased the peat, and all of my other media, chemicals, supplements, food, you name it, from Foster and Smith.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/fish-supplies/pr/c/3578

They have great prices, and if you do a large order the shipping never changes. Always $8.99. The peat that I have is made/packaged by Fluval. I just put it into a mesh bag and plop it into my filter. And it does not turn the water brown.

I installed it 2 days ago, my ph was 7.4, now it sits at 6.6. So a water change this weekend and remove the peat, and PRESTO :cheers: BABIES...............

I hope.