Coarse sand

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Years ago I purchased a coarse sand to use in my planted aquarium, 2-4mm. If I remember correctly it was a pool/hot tub filter sand. It was a 50lb bag for next to nothing and I would like to find it again. My google searches are not coming up with anything helpful. Do any of you guys know where I could find some. I have talked with several of the pool/hot tub places in the Tacoma area and they don't carry.

FishBeast

Years ago I purchased a coarse sand to use in my planted aquarium, 2-4mm. If I remember correctly it was a pool/hot tub filter sand. It was a 50lb bag for next to nothing and I would like to find it again. My google searches are not coming up with anything helpful. Do any of you guys know where I could find some. I have talked with several of the pool/hot tub places in the Tacoma area and they don't carry.
It's HTH brand, you can get from Ace Hardware! Here you go

FishBeast

It's still in the bag at home, not in a tank so the color might not be accurate. Will take photo later. can also order through home depot, walmart or Ace and have it delivered to your store. IIRC I bought it at the Gig Harbor Ace. You can also try pool/hot tub store here in Gig.

Betty

Staff member
I bought pool filter sand at McClendon's several years ago. It was out in the garden section.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
9B8C8DC5-3F42-44CF-9556-9CE527EAA67D.png

This is where myself and other local hobbyists around puyallup went to get our sand.....

Lapis luster is my favorite type

FishBeast

Congrats! Where did you get it? How does it look in the tank? I was also gonna mention that Quikcrete has pool filter sand although I don’t know how it compares to HTH or other brands

fishguy1978

Legendary Member