co2 time for the 100g

discus_2013

well time has come for a face lift on the 100g planted community tank I started up a few months ago, anubias is growing like crazy, my dwarf lily flowered and a lot of stuff has been going right, lots of babies and new fish in the mix, but I have started to feel limited as to what plants I can get, my little current satellite led just barely puts out light, so I paired it with a dingy yellow light t5? to keep stuff growing but it is sad to look at some times so.... today I decided it's time to go in, I bought two new 48" fennel planted + as well as a 20lb. co2 tank and diffuser, now my big hold up is the regulator, I want something decent that I can start out with that won't cost a billion dollars, but also won't break day one, I was hoping you guys had a tried and true all in one regulator you could recommend to me. or opinions on things to stay away from.

L190

You should build your own. My dual guage one I built is working pretty well. I have used Milwaukee and aquatek and they are ok. Needle valve tends to wander and I just had my aquatek do the dreaded end of tank dump but I have a pH meter in my tank which stopped it from gassing my fish.

discus_2013

I feel like building my own will come down the road when I have more knowledge, looking for a quick setup for now.

discus_2013

You should build your own. My dual guage one I built is working pretty well. I have used Milwaukee and aquatek and they are ok. Needle valve tends to wander and I just had my aquatek do the dreaded end of tank dump but I have a pH meter in my tank which stopped it from gassing my fish.
changed my mind and decided to take your advice, got a concoa 212 dual diaphragm regulator, and getting a swagelok metering valve, any recommendations on solenoids?

L190

I use a clippard one and it works really well. Where did you get the swagelock needle valve, what model is it and how much much? I am asking because I think I'll use swagelock needle valve for my next build.

discus_2013

I am getting it off Ebay, I will put a pic up, it's the s model, which I read was well suited for the aquarium set up, the prices on some of this stuff is crazy lol, this one was my compromise between affordability and quality.Screenshot_20180717-211110_Chrome.jpg

L190

Ahhh I see. I've talked to someone about needle valves and they told me that there is a swagelock store in Kent. I was just wondering the price since next one I plan to build will be a 3 valve one.

discus_2013

l190 I got my needle valve, but now my problem is all the solenoids are 1/8 threaded but all my other stuff is 1/4 did you have a similar set up or? I just don't know if I'm looking in the wrong spots, and I'm sure I can get an adapter but would rather get 1/4.

L190

All of my stuff was 1/8 so I didn't run into any problems. I just had an adapter piece that went 1/4 on the regulator to 1/8