cichlid id help

A

Anonymous

Re: cichlid id help

Bottom one is a white lab. But top pic is idk. Maybe looks like an aurora female. Someone here will chime in to identify it.

n9643750

Thanks for taking a look SirWes. Not sure if it comes through in the photo that the bottom fish is really blue and metalic-ish.

Betty

Staff member

You can image search Pseudotropheus socolofi and see if that's what your fish in picture 2 looks like.  (It looks whiter than socolofi in your photo.)

A

Anonymous

This is my this my white labs looks like.  And this them flared up.
img_1910.jpg

And this what a Pseudotropheus socolofi looks like.
images10.jpg

n9643750

I'd say more Socolofi than lab, but I used to have a Socolofi, and this one is more, well, metalic looking. Not sure how else to describe it. It just has this really interesting sheen to it. I'll see if I can get a picture that shows that better.

A

Anonymous

I guess it is socolofi. Much better pic.

master chi

Well the shape of the lips reads Labidochromis Caereleus. The body color might make you think it's Socolofi,but Caereleus actually means blue.L. Caereleus,I believe can be blue. You may have one here. Or a hybrid Lab/Socolofi

A

Anonymous

I guess master chi has a point.  Look at my white labs lips and your fish's lips. Look similar.  But the socolofi lips are less pouty.

But master chi. What about the other fish what is it?

A

Anonymous

That looks more like that than socolofi or white lab. Great job n9643750.