Centrals: Who's breeding what?

JesseM

I am always on the look out for new rare Central American cichlids. So I wanted to create this thread to keep us CA keepers connected and aware of what the others are keeping/breeding.

I am keeping/breeding the following:

- Cryptoheros nanoluteus, Rio Rabalo
- exCichlasoma salvini, Rio usumacinta
- Herichthys deppi, Rio Bobos
- Theraps coeruleus, Rio Bascan
- Thorichthys sp. "Blue Mixteco" Rio Almoloya
- Thorichthys sp. "Gold Mixteco" Rio Coatzacoalcos

All fish are from Rusty Wessel with the exception of the Salvini and Blue Mixteco. I will also update as spawns happen.

Madness

Staff member
Very nice idea Jesse. Here is mine:

Amphilophus Labiatus 'Zapetera Island' Lake Nicaragua
Amphilophus Xanthic Citrinellum Lago Managua
Amphilophus Barred Citrinellum Lago Managua
Archocentrus Centrarchus 'Rio Pacuare' Costa Rica
Peruvian Festae
Paraneetroplus Melanurus
Paraneetroplus Breidohri
Paraneetroplus Hartwegi
Nandopsis Haitiensis

Drd62

Wish I had more but at the present time I am moving.

Chuco Micropthalmus
Paraneetroplus Breidohri
Peruvian Festae

JesseM

Hey Will, this a a picture of what I am told is one of the parents of my Salvini fry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 177

aaronfeeney

here are a couple pics of the cryptoheros myrnae

Attachments

• cryptoheros myrnae.jpg
    cryptoheros myrnae.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 155
  • cryptoheros.jpg
    cryptoheros.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 154

Jay

Oh Jesse - you have nanoluteus - sigh!!! Such a nice fish - you have great stock.............

We have Myrnae, Gold Mixteco (from Jesse) and Slavini 'Grijalvo' from Rusty........

Madness

Staff member
bjudd2271 said:
Costa rica!

Are they Costa Rican Gold's or blues? If you dont mind me asking, where did you get them? I ask not to question your word, but because I will not spawn my Male with anything other than another CR, so if yours are indeed CR I may be interested in some fry.

bjudd2271

They are Costa rican not sure what color varient, but the males i got from the groupblued out very early on and are exceptional, very blue, thick and tall bodied fish, i had a 16" nic who passed in august last year ( i will post pics of him and his spawns as well) so i know the differences between the two localities. Anyway my pair was raised from a group of 11 C/R dovii purchased from cichlid exchange in portland oregon. By the way i would be happy to hang on to some fry for youno charge!

Madness

Staff member
Awesome. :) CR are definitely taller bodied, and IMO have much more blue than the Nic's. Respond to me via a p.m. regarding the fry.

Would love to see some pics.

Back to regular scheduled programming, come on you Central American breeders, tell/show us what u have.

Livebearer

I feel lucky Jay, I found a private fish keeper in the midwest who has Nanoluetus juvies (1") now and are just waiting for the weather to get better for shipping (at their discression).
Nice pics of the myrnae's too!!

JesseM

Livebearer said:
I feel lucky Jay, I found a private fish keeper in the midwest who has Nanoluetus juvies (1") now and are just waiting for the weather to get better for shipping (at their discression).
Nice pics of the myrnae's too!!

You can find Nanoluteus pretty eaisly.Finding them with a collection point on the other hand, there's a challange.

Livebearer

Jesse,
Do you know anyone who has these? I will also find out if the breeder has collection data, but does it really matter?