Catfish convention?

ArtPleco

Hi, new the forum, took me a long time to find anyone in washington into them. I even created a fb page for the NW thinking there was nothing supportive. I have seen Pleco shows in other countries and Catcons. Is there anything in Washington like this? Or we out of luck and need to start one?

I have a few plecos:
clown
ruberlips x2
albino bn
leopard sailfin
royal 190

About to get more! haha Will post pics soon

ArtPleco

10450849_10152710649128693_340837967114528281_n.jpg

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Video of my Sailfin cruising around the tank and has shots of my featherfin in it too

I as well have a pictus in the 75 gallon

ArtPleco

Awesome!

Would there be an interest in this sort of thing? I saw a whole thread on a Pleco show haha. It was awesome! They had 10 gallon tanks setup and had judges and awards, a lunch and the usual meet and greet. I am not really sure what there all is to look for in a pleco for awards.. but thought it was a cool idea! I am totally willing to put this on if there is enough people in the NW that would participate

tazeat

I love my pictus and my plecos, but there's no way I'd move it in to a 10 gallon and move him unnecessarily stressing him

ArtPleco

after doing some research those are 30g tanks not 10s that it looks like. Some of those fish that they show are super rare and have been in shows numerous times. I can understand the stress, but 50k Koi's go to shows all the time too and make it.

Madness

Staff member
tazeat said:
That's fine I just wouldn't do it to my fish just to bring them in and show them off...

Your not showing them off Per se, its like a dog/cat show, best in class, best species, C.A.R.E.S best in show, tank buster award, with several more awards available. Its about having your pet/pets recognized as the best of the best.