Has anyone every raised one of these? It is now on my want list. :D

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Picture is compliments of Sam Borstein

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Beautiful fish! If I had one I would name him... :scratch: couldn't resist. :lmfao:

Madness

Staff member
I am definitely going to get some. Cichlids of the Americas has free swimmers right now, and thy should be available in about a month or 2. So until I find some elsewhere, I am ordering some from there in about 6-8 weeks.

So Get ready. :D

Madness

Staff member
rattle1972 said:
looks like it would be a great alternative to the monster umbees.
Thats what I was thinking. Looks a lot like the Umbee and the Kraussi.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
When is the order? :tongue:

Saw he has my snook on his list too...

Madness

Staff member
Yes he does. Either small ones or a big one. Hmmmm which do I pick??

I was looking at a couple Trimacs, Guttalatus, and some Spectabilis when they are large enough to purchase. Maybe a Pearsi, and he has some F0 Festae.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I would be afraid to add the big one. I think he said it was like 11". It would probably try and swallow my argentea!

Madness

Staff member
She probably deserves it. :D Let me know when you want to go with it, and we will see if its doable.

Madness

Staff member
I likey. :hugg: Sending him an email inquiring about how long before he makes them available and at what size. Obviously he says 1" they will actually be about .5".

fishman09

i always liked the idea of doing a caquetaia genus tank with the myersi, spectabilis, kraussi, and umbriferus temper permitting. the spectabilis looks awesome and only 10" is very manageable

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness said:
Obviously he says 1" they will actually be about .5".
Unless it was me, who says 1" and then you would end up with a 3-4" fish :lmfao:

I just might be interested in one of these my self.

Drd62

Jeff Rapps has them for sale a few days ago. Nice addition to the Caquetaia family. They are nice and colorful and are not readily available.

Madness

Staff member
The difference between Rapps and Dan is about $80 in shipping. I like Jeff, but unless I am placing a huge order for some rare stuff, his shipping is way too expensive.

A

Anonymous

madness said:
The difference between Rapps and Dan is about $80 in shipping. I like Jeff, but unless I am placing a huge order for some rare stuff, his shipping is way too expensive.
+1

Madness

Staff member
Just spoke with Dan, and they should be ready in 2 weeks. Looking at maybe getting a few others also. Maybe a Gutt, a couple Lyonsi from different parents, couple Trimacs, a Kraussi (I just lost one), a Pearsi, and a hand full of the Spetabilis. But I wont be able to order, if at all, for another 3 weeks or so.