Calico Plecos *new tank*

MorganEA

Just received my shipment of 6 calico plecos, this was my first time ordering fish online. Waiting for my package of fish was so stressful! our USPS people are so retarded I cant tell you how many plants I have lost because they dropped them off in our hot mailbox. Anyhow! here are pictures please excuse the dirty my dirty tank :D 
7814.jpg

My rams aren't too happy with the new invaders.
07814.jpg

70814.jpg

MorganEA

yes bristlenose plecos, I have one from wet spot that might be a male hes about an inch and starting to grow his beard so I hoping to get a female from this group.

A

Anonymous

Oh neatO. Definitely like! I picked up a 'red' bristle nose that's starting to develop markings much like your fish have. Good luck with the male/female pair up.

MorganEA

It must depend on the pleco. We have one that is a about 1.5in that has a full face of bristles and then my 1yr old brown one just started growing his bristles recently.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
These are long fin chocolate's I've noticed that two stay pretty close together and follow each other around the tank though. :)

MorganEA

That's cool! I'm not sure if I'm sold on the long fin look, I feel like my other fish would constantly be trying to eat them.

MorganEA

wow these guys are growing faster than I expected! I had to get them a bigger tank, I was looking for a 40 breeder but this will work for now. Now for pictures!
photo3-2.jpg

the whole take :)
photo2-2.jpg

They really like squash
photo1-2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice! See you changed substrate to sand from gravel. Really pops out the colors and brighten the tank. How do you like it Morgan?  Easy to gravel poop, right? Great choice on pool filter sand.

MorganEA

I really like the PFS it looks nice. I would love to tear down my 55gal and put PFS in it but that would be a lot of work lol!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, but worth it at the end. You could actually do with fish in the tank. Of course you would have to remove plants and gravel vac the gravel first to eliminate poop clouds.  Then NET out the gravel into a bucket. Then once all gravel is out put washed PFS in slowly and then rescape. Then admire the hard work and beautiful tank.
Changing from Gravel to Sand (w/ fish in it):
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/eHSweN9wkBg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

MorganEA

I have so much fish poop in my gravel I think I would have to pull fish out lol! Maybe after I'm done with my classes ill try switching things out.