Bring on the Polys

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
They sometimes will on occasion get a rare platinum endli or something unusual like that. Would love to get one but with the captive bred endli they get the funny looking short snout and frog eyes. Definitely go wild caught with endli.

The delhezi have been farm raised for a while and they dont have the deformity issues. They are some of my favorites except they stay so little... lol. They get respectable in size, I just look at a 20” endli all the time so a del seems small.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw a new book on polys is coming out in two weeks..... I was going to buy it ($30 bucks) but the shipping to get it here ( from the UK) was an additional $30.... not sure I’d use the book that much, but I would love to have an encyclopedia on polys

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw a new book on polys is coming out in two weeks..... I was going to buy it ($30 bucks) but the shipping to get it here ( from the UK) was an additional $30.... not sure I’d use the book that much, but I would love to have an encyclopedia on polys
It really is a good looking book but the price is a bit steep with the shipping

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice!!! Can't wait to see pics. Planning to breed them? And yes, @DMD123 is the polypterus master who got me into them
lol, no longer much of a poly keeper with just the two now. I got a bit tired of the constant fighting, which turned out to be just one troublesome bichir. The endli and ansorgii which I think are both male get along great. No nipping, biting or chasing whatsoever.

Madness

Staff member
They sometimes will on occasion get a rare platinum endli or something unusual like that. Would love to get one but with the captive bred endli they get the funny looking short snout and frog eyes. Definitely go wild caught with endli.

The delhezi have been farm raised for a while and they dont have the deformity issues. They are some of my favorites except they stay so little... lol. They get respectable in size, I just look at a 20” endli all the time so a del seems small.

Lol they do stay small. I like the small, now i need to get all of the other smaller ones

Madness

Staff member

I'd love to read that

Madness

Staff member
Well, as i figured. 5 days to get here and they all arrived dead. 6 more are being sent Monday and this time overnighted. All at there cost. We will try again on Tuesday.

Hopefully!!!!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that’s a bummer!!!

I wish everyone did air cargo.... so fast ( minus the traffic up there, but fish always arrive no worse for the wear