Brine Shrimp care

momsfishn

I got some Brine shrimp eggs from Brineshrimpdirect in utah. I set them up yesterday around 12:30 and they hatched over night. I plan to feed them around 2. Do I keep them bubbling til then, with the light on? This may seem like a stupid question, but all I could find was feed them in the first 24 hrs. because they still has their yoke sac. Any help would be appreciated. :?: I light be in the wrong forum. I hope not. :oops:

momsfishn

Thanks PROTOCL, But I think what I was asking is how I keep them alive until I feed them this afternoon? Do I keep them bubbling or what? I found that they are best fed in the 1st 24 hrs. after hatch for more nutrition. But I haven't been able to find how to keep then alive til I feed them. Anyone know?
:?:

Sonicdog

Keep them bubbling ( if you shut off the air they will rapidly use up the O2 and die), but turn off the light, which will slow down their metabolism. They will be fine and your fishies will be happy!

momsfishn

Thank you Sonicdog, thats just what I did until I fed the Shellies at 2 today. Then I took the rest and froze them to feed tomorrow. I never seen so many brine shrimp at one time and they went crazy over them and chased every little bugger down. They all had nice fat little bellies when they were done. :cheers:

Sonicdog

:D Woo hoo, orange bellies iz good
If you ever order from BSD again, check out the earthworm flakes; they are the bomb for easy conditioning breeders.

momsfishn

I will and they sent me a free sample of cyclopoids. My Shellies love them. I called them to make sure how to feed them. they said to just sprinkle a little in their tank once a day. They are very fine like bbs. They are freez dried. but like I said my Shellies love them. Even my new ones, who have been a little finicky. :cheers: