WTB Breeding size T. moorii "Chimba" & T. duboisi

VElderton

Thanks to the generosity of a WA Fish Box member I was able to acquire some T. moorii "Chimba" I'd like to add to this group, another 7 - 10 adult size fish would be great. I keep the Chimba with T. duboisi and would like to add to this colony as well. If you know a source of either species send me a PM.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Wet Spot has little ones available if you want to make a trip down this way. I'm not optimistic that you will be able to find Chimba adults anytime soon.

VElderton

Thx Keith ... always good advice. I will check out Wet Spot, my last shipment from them went really well.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
If you can't find bigger ones, I wouldn't hesitate to get a few of these little guys, as they will be an easy addition to an established Tropheus colony, and Chimba grow fast.

VElderton

Thanks Keith, so what you are saying is a group of young Chimba should be okay with already established group?

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Thanks Keith, so what you are saying is a group of young Chimba should be okay with already established group?

Yes; it's way easier to add juvies to an established Tropheus colony than adding more adults, because the adults in the colony don't see the juvies as competition (or at least, not so much). And as of today, Live Fish Direct has ~2" Chimba newly available. LFD tends to have pretty nice fishes, in my experience.