Blue Ram breeding tank

aaronfeeney

lost 1

Ok been terribly sick this week, but good now, got back to do some tank maintenance and found I was missing one of the male rams,,,, couldn't see him anywhere...found him in the filter dead as hell...so I added a sponge strainer to intake. now the behavior is noticably different with the others,,, females face off whenever at mid tank and the remaining male spends time with both females ,, sometimes gently poking at them or just hanging close to each one for a bit ,,, then goes to see the other.. don't know if it means anything , but there you have it.

aaronfeeney

no spawning yet

Ok after more research ,, I bumped the temp to 84 today and started feeding frozen blood worms and will soon start some Brine shrimp, hopefully to spark a little love.

aaronfeeney

plants are growing but no fishy lovin yet

I am up to 124 watts of light, 93 watts at 10k and 31watts colormax, plants are doing well

fish aren't doing much for spawning though

2 females seem to have separate territories and get a little teste with each other , but the male just hangs out with both,,, maybe the girls" just want to be friends "

sandnuka

thats the way brichardi do it.... i got 2 females and 1 male... females set up there own nests, male visits both his women.. lol

aaronfeeney

more plants

so i was adding some more free plants, from gosu this time, and the female with the largest territory didn't likre my hand in her area , she vigorously attacked my hand, biting and only backing away a little as I shooed her away then attacking as soon as I went back to the gardening,,, no eggs to be found but she is very defensive

aaronfeeney

lighting

Tank is 37 high, 29 gallon footprint just taller, 4 30" coralife 6700k t5 HO at 31 watts each for 124 watts total