Blue Ram breeding tank

aaronfeeney

Ok , a week or so ago I started this set up(posted in planted tanks, I believe) and the Tank leaked :affraid: :evil:
So Here we go again, after re sealing the tank , Last night I set it up again. I added afew plants acquired from "whatthebloody"(thanks) and a couple rescued from another tank of mine , where the fish were starting to eat them.
So far no fish , but I may move the rams in this afternoon. Still need to collect a bunch more plants.

aaronfeeney

continuing project

added a couple more plants last night , then tossed in my 2 male blue rams tonight , I'll get some pics when they settle down a bit. Now I need to spend some time tracking down a few females.

lars on

No idea where bonney lake is but there is a pet store in chinatown called Liems, extremely shady looking, but excelent fish. Every time I go there I see a full tank of rams, not sure how to sex them , but hes got a huge tank full.

sidekicking

dude Liems is not a shady place that old men is pretty kick ass....he doesn't have best location thats why it looks shady lol....but his fish always look good....but the store is such a mess hahaha

lars on

Every time I go by theres a drug deal going on outside by the dumpsters. But I love his store, its a giant mess and so crammed, but he keeps the tanks extremely clean. If I lived in seattle I would only go there.

lars on

I have no idea how to direct you there, other than its in chinatown in seattle, if you go in and see all the bus lines and the massive dragons on the lamp posts you take a right and go two streets over. There is a sign that says Liems and Im pretty sure it has a discus on it.

aaronfeeney

OK so I found 2 more rams,,, females I hope,, and threw in some white cloud minows for dither, added a couple more plants ,,, and now we wait,,and watch..

aaronfeeney

tropical fish world

found lots of rams all over seattle but these stores wanted 12 -15 dollars each. so I hit the sumner store on the way home and found 2 (hopefully female) for $6.99 ea, so now I have 4 rams 2 large and 2 smallers ones , we'll see how this goes.

Added a piece of bog wood to lower the Ph a bit too, these guys are supposed to prefer slightly acidic water.

aaronfeeney

ram breeding

ok so ph is at 6.5 and softish water, most of my readings suggest a bit lower ph. temp is at 75, going to raise to 80 per suggestions from breeding sites.

aaronfeeney

more new plants

thank you bloody!! good news one of my little rams has a reddish patch on "HER " belly. I am told this is a good indication of womanliness

aaronfeeney

breeding caves

added a couple slate caves today and the female pinky, was checking it out as soon as I pulled my hand out of the tank. the 2 smaller "probably females" were lip fighting tonight also, right about mid tank, the pinkest one gets aggressive whenever the other gets to the middle of the tank. cant see pairing yet , but hopeful.