Blue Dreams Tank

Mike16T

Just want to share.. 6-7 months old... :)

SNL1w8Q.jpg

Mike16T

Here's my tank now as of today. Made some slight changes and added some more.. =)

ARdozbp.jpg

Some of my favorite ones on the tank.. =)
3lRAEvd.jpg

UOkyZ50.jpg

Mike16T

Looks so clean and healthy! Is it easy to maintain?
Thanks.. It is very easy to maintain. 1 WC per week. It's a 2.5 gallon tank so I actually just scoop 1 cup (big party cup) for WC and that's it. I dose liquid ferts and Seachem Excel once per week also.

Betty

Staff member
It looks larger than 2.5... I like it.

I have an empty 2.5. It isn't rimless -- it's a rectangular one. I wish I could set it up somehow without using a filter or a heater and still have life in it. o_O

Mike16T

I have an empty 2.5. It isn't rimless -- it's a rectangular one. I wish I could set it up somehow without using a filter or a heater and still have life in it. o_O

Walstad style is what you're talking about.. No filter, no Heater..

Or you can make it as a Wabi Kusa style tank.. =)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hey Betty - Hey Mike - I thought everyone abandoned WFB. Gorgeous plants Mike - great tank. I just a box load of stuff from Justin's Fishtanks and I couldn't be more pleased. Scaping a 50 or is it 55? gallon column tank I got from a guy. Not easy to do. I'm stoked to see what happens with it, of course. I got some Rotala "Big Leaf" Macrandra and thought of you, Mike.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

Hey Betty, That wabi kusa thing is super interesting. Pectec has videos on the same.

Betty

Staff member
Hey Betty, That wabi kusa thing is super interesting. Pectec has videos on the same.
Hey Vicki! A few of us are still here. I don't do Facebook.
I like the look of the wabi kusa tanks and want to give it a try when I have a bit more time to read up on it.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I like the look of the wabi kusa tanks and want to give it a try when I have a bit more time to read up on it.

Hi Betty!! Hey, check out Pecktec's channel on YouTube. He's done a wabi-kusa and shows how he did it for his prize winning steampunk tank for the Aquatic Experience a few years ago. Super interesting.

Currently, I'm hoping that this JBJ 28 Nano cube (usually for salt) will translate into fresh. I got low low light plants culled from my other tanks and WE SHALL SEE. lol Isn't it always, that? "We Shall See"? My computer blew up so I'm working on a Chromebook that doesn't offer great pic uploading.... ugh.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

ANDDDDDDDD I got some red plants that reminded me immediately of Mike!