Black Skirt tetra dying?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
My newly acquired black skirt tetra appears to be dying. It is very lazy but when I go up to the tank will swim around. I have it in a breeder box now as the others were chasing it. I noticed it had clear "poop" with air bubbles in it and doesn't appear to be eating. If it is, its not much. I have offered ken's tropical flake food (which it was readily eating at first) as well as blood worms. I have also treated the tank with Stress Coat when I saw a few tears in its fins. Does anyone have ideas as to what may be going on? If it's curable or should I expect it to pass. (Which I would be pissed since it's 1 of the remaining 4 from an 8 fish purchase for the tank. The other 4 were snacked on over night the first night grrrr.)

White/Clear stringy feces is a telltale sign of an internal parasite. I would move it to a quarantine tank/jar/bucket and start treating it.

Maybe others can chime in here?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
That's what I was thinking. I'm just unsure what to treat with and it may be too late. At lunch he was swimming at an angel so I don't know if I can get treatment quick enough.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Oh good to know. It went downhill very fast and seems to be the only one affected. :/ it's eyes are bulged, gills red, lost its color and just sits in one spot now. My guess is it will be gone in the morning.