Bio media

mustanglvr1982

Hey guys, I've got 2 tanks I'm working on currently. My low-tech 20g planted tank, and my hi-tech 125g build. My filters are extremely well established on the 125, not so much on the 20. As I've been reading, carbon isn't really necessary unless removing medications. The filter on the 20 is a Penguin 200 Biowheel. I'm thinking about getting rid of the cartridges in it, and emptying one of my baskets of well established bio media from the 125 into it. As well as adding a couple different densities of foam before the main filter chamber. You think this is a good idea?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

L190

That works, I have never used carbon in my planted tanks. I have used carbon in my other tanks for 3 years now.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hey guys, I've got 2 tanks I'm working on currently. My low-tech 20g planted tank, and my hi-tech 125g build. My filters are extremely well established on the 125, not so much on the 20. As I've been reading, carbon isn't really necessary unless removing medications. The filter on the 20 is a Penguin 200 Biowheel. I'm thinking about getting rid of the cartridges in it, and emptying one of my baskets of well established bio media from the 125 into it. As well as adding a couple different densities of foam before the main filter chamber. You think this is a good idea?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You should watch Cory's video on filtration (on the Aquarium Co-Op channel). I learned a bunch about hot rodding filters.