Big Fish Aquatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry.beck

And to be fair, it probably saved a couple of dozen PM's to all of the various folks that had complained about the situation at one point or another. Which would have driven a thread started by one of the users, rather than an official thread started by the forum owner. I support Mikey in both the decision and how it was communicated.

Im not defending bigfish here but I feel its poor form to allow this thread to continue with out allowing bigfish to defend himself. ..the old standby is if you dont have anything nice to say its better to say nothing at all. To allow everyone to lob their complaints and criticisms without refute isnt fair. It's all to easy to complain about something when there is no one around to contest your opinion.

Spyral

I think Mikey explaining what he did and why is commendable. He didn't just make the guy go away without explanation. There were a lot of behind the scenes issues, from what I can see.

What we all have to remember is that a forum is not a democracy. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. Mikey has the right to allow whomever and whatever he wants here, without regard for anyone's opinion. Now, that is the extreme edge of it, but it is the truth.

He felt BFA was a detriment to the forum, he did what was best for his forum.

Mikey

Thanks for your input guys.

I don't agree that the members of this forum shouldn't have known that BFA was banned. Everyone on here has a right to know the reasons people get banned, especially one's that I've received countless complaints about. I went over my PMs with Big Fish and I gave him 13 (separate) warnings before he was banned. He got banned for language, threats via PM, emails to member's personal accounts, spamming, etc...

Future sponsors will benefit from seeing this thread, as well as current ones. They'll know to treat customers with respect, and that the "customer is always right". Big Fish was a hobbyist, not a business man. Obviously. Thread closed, thanks everyone for seeing the forum through a rough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.