Big Fish Aquatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

I have contemplated everyone's input from the past few months, and after a discussion with Big Fish Aquatics, I felt as though it was time for him to go. He is banned from the site as of today.

He was disrespectful to many of you, as well as myself. Part of the reason he was banned was because he would not listen to me when I asked him to stop posting so frequently. I'm sure most of you are tired of it as am I. I hope that we can all get passed this negative and turn this place back into a positive.

I'm sure he's a good guy, but he's not meant for this forum nor is he meant to run a business. If you have anything that you'd like to say that may be very personal, please PM me. Enjoy the sunshine everyone!

Spyral

Good move. His constant posting of the same thing was more than annoying, it was borderline spamming..lol.

The site is better off without such an unprofessional business.

Spyral

The constant posting of the same thing was usually not in response to any kind of question.

His attitude towards so many people made me not want to buy anything from him, just seemed really rude to a lot of members and the site admin himself.

Mikey

When I said banned, I guess it wasn't clear enough. I guess I have to block his I.P addresses... Hopefully he doesn't go to the public library everyday and post here as his kid or someone else.
:roll:

Mikey

You're welcome. Well I'd hope that one person wouldn't make you leave the site....But yeah it's a more laid back place without him ;)

Kaosu

..normally it would take allot more than one person to do that..but some of the things he was saying to me was just over the top... It pissed my boyfriend off so bad he really wants to just hit him in the face...

he implied some really offensive things and was still flaunting him self and his stupidity around the forum seeing his adds all day made me not want to be on the site.

Anthraxx

Woot!! about time. he made it onto my ignore list rather quickly. i second all the same points as mikey. guy clearly didnt understand repeat customers and treating this forum as your personal sales area is just lame. glad to see him go, and also glad that hes upset enough to recreate another account. makes me feel good to know hes probably cursing up a storm about how he cant peddle his wares on wafishbox anymore!!!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
From a moderator standpoint you shouldn't have announced it. All it does is rub it in his face. Not really taking the high road on that one. Would have been a much cleaner transition to have him close up shop and then ban his ip. Posting would stop everyone would think it was natural.

Now what you've done is shown potential forum sponsors that you ban supporters. A new prospect doesn't necessarily know what was posted in the past. However they will know who big fish aquatics was.

The banning may or may not be just, however the way it was issued is not professional.

Adonijah

+1 Cory!

He was keeping this forum active. Good or bad, he made me click on the threads where he posted. Can anyone pm his number to me? I always saw it on his avatar just never wrote it down :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I do understand Cory's views on this but I think that Mikey's intentions on making this post was to let people know that they again can have the comfort of being able to make posts and not have his feedback. I myself veered away from the site for a while because of two people. And he was in fact one of them. The constant disrespectfulness and like Spyral said basically spamming of the site was more than annoying to deal with. After being gone for a while and coming back now, I see that the site has gone back to the way it was when I first came. The languge has been brought back into check, as well as the bickering. There is always more than one stand point to everything. I don't think Mikey's intentions were to rub it in his face. And if Big Fish Aquatics takes it that way, maybe it's out of guilt becuase of his irresposible childlike actions on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.