Big Fish Aquatics - Marysville

sandnuka

alright big fish..... I will swing by there again..... You can see when I originally posted that.... so its unfair if I havent seen the new shop yet. See ya soon!

Addictedtofish

Overall Experience 3
Quality 5
Quanity 3
Service 3

Ive been in this store a couple of times and I do have to say for a year old shop he have done alot, its not one of your fancy stores like Bridges Pets or Jones and Co. He is a fish store and I feel his store is similar to Conway Tropical, his shop is setup the way I like fish stores no fancy racks, fancy lighting etc. He listens to his customers and does a good job on having a good variety of juvenile and adult fish. The thing I dont like his is pressure selling style, other than that its a good place to visit and he is also a person to become friends with, because he is willing to order a certain type of fish in for you, where other places wouldnt do that without a bigger price tag.

Salzabar

Just got back from visiting this store and the quality of the fish are outstanding and Jeff is a great guy to talk to about everything fish. He was respectful to me and my daughter with no high pressure sales tactics but due to the size of the store the variety of fish is low and I didn't find anything I wanted at this time. I will be back to shop and maybe pick up one those used tanks for my daughter. I'll give all 5's for now.

Madness

Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 3.5 (only for S/C Am. Cichs) 5 for everything else
Service 5

Jeff is doing a great job for being a new establishment. He has big plans for his store , and I know doubt believe he will get there. I will definitely add him to the stores that I will continue to visit. I picked up 2 beautiful Vieja Argentea, great price.

Soggy

I live in Marysville and have been into Big Fish more than a dozen times. I've bought some fish from Jeff but a lot of the time I'm just stopping in to chat and see what cool new stuff he has. Jeff is Knowledgeable and willing to work with you to get you what you want. The fish are top notch and well taken care of, don't believe me? Stop in and ask him to show you the baby's because his fish are breeding in the display tanks like rabbits.

Pros; Health fish, nice owner, decent prices,

Cons: It's a small shop so he doesn't have a huge selection and don't expect fancy lighting or pretty displays.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 2
Service 5

gobluecichlids

Lots of potentials! I just visited him today and I really think I have found the right person that is going to be the one bringing in new breeds. I'm a former aquabid seller AKA Wolverinecichlids who just relocated here in the summer of 2009.

Not a fancy store like you see most areas, it is small, but he's going to expand, he's got another 50 tanks standing by waiting to get set up. The prices will be very reasonable, as I did noticed on what he has on hand. His blue young adult Ahlis males are stunning and very blue, , is priced very good for that quality and size. Most other places I have seen are pretty much washed out colors.

Kaie

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

I really like what Jeff has going on. Hes about whats in the tanks not what the decor is around the tanks.

I stopped in yesterday because i was traveling around looking for various tetras for my 29gal. I only marked down selection because it was a small place. But he had some not so common breeds. EVERYTHING in his tanks were of HIGH quality. The mated krib pair i ended up getting from him are better looking than any of the pictures i see of them online.

I'll be popping back in soon to scoop up some of his Africans =P

Kaie

i also wanted to add that this place keeps selling me fish that jump out of my tank. I dont know what the deal is. But... they should really figure it out.

:beer:

Pleco_Party

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Made the trip up to Marysville today and stopped by Big Fish Aquatics. Over all it was a very good experience. All the fish looked healthy and he had a good supply. He was very helpful, experienced and he was knowledgeable about the fish he had and just fish in general. We even ended up staying an extra hour just talking about fish. I will end up going there again and I suggest other people check it out, Its worth the trip.

big fish

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Made the trip up to Marysville today and stopped by Big Fish Aquatics. Over all it was a very good experience. All the fish looked healthy and he had a good supply. He was very helpful, experienced and he was knowledgeable about the fish he had and just fish in general. We even ended up staying an extra hour just talking about fish. I will end up going there again and I suggest other people check it out, Its worth the trip.
Does he have a website?
We are satisfied with our customer base at this time. We were recently invited. Back to this Washington fish box. At the time of being banned I was going through a very hard and painful divorce. I Was unable to cope with criticism from certain members of the group .with no more details. Or some would say excuses we would like to be able to just observe at this time. Thank you for the invite. Jeff