Big Fish Aquatics - Marysville

sandnuka

Those were my frontosa.

Overall Experience 1
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 0
Service 1

I should probably explain why, service is rated so low not because I wasnt treated well because of business hours.... variety was low because there was literally 10 different species when i went, but I have to say the quality of fish was outstanding.

A

Anonymous

big fish marysville

folks were just getting started here,it may not be possible to make everyone happy but ,were still here after one year ,thank you to those who have supported the shop ,

over this past year we have listened to many people about the fish they are interested in and do my best to get them in,

i direct import from Thailand ,Indonesia,china and basically from any where i choose ,,

we are friends with all the local shops and have wholesaled to most of them on the forums here,we are here to share the hobby and learn from others along the way,

we were just a weekend worriers for the most part up until the beginning of July 2010. now we are open 5 or more days per week,,

it would nice to see better ratings from the local people here ,stop in and take a look,see whats good about our shop ,it doesn't take a genius to tell the bad about a place ,anyone can complain,

African,peacocks,Tanganyika, south American,arowanas ,and the almighty gold fish,,

peace

protocl

i think: because of your store is out of the greater seattle area, you have less reviews, positive or negative. i usually visit stores that are local.

ill make a trip out to your establishment!

stierwalt3

I'll have to come check you guys out. I don't know if this is the current hours or not!?

1520 B 4th Street Marysville, WA 98270-5012 - (360) 926-2289
Open Wed-Sun 12pm-8pm

Madness

Staff member
Where are you located? I will be heading up to Oak Harbor for the Thanksgiving holiday. Would love to stop by and see what you have. I already have a fish on hold for me at Conway and at Oak Harbor pets, whats a couple more. Assuming you have one that I like.

I am into the new world Cichlids. Its so funny to watch the expression of the people at my LFS when I name off some of my fish. They are like :scratch: clueless :?: . But a lot of them just buy/sale the typical normals. I am into the un-normals.

See you next Wednesday.

A

Anonymous

sidekicking said:
I've never been to your shop, but I think if your going to advertise your bussiness here you should atleast sponsored the site.

Just my two cents I could be wrong lol[/quot

i signed up a while ago but just yesterday took a peak,as far as sponsoring a site ,ide like to look around a bit ,im not sure if the poopy comments are going to be welcome,as far as advertising ill look and see what its about here,ive only logged in a few times

at this time my hours are noon to 8pm Wednesday to Sunday,ocationally Saturdays i open a bit late when traffic is bad from seatac to here ,i pick up shipments from indo,Taiwan,Bangkok,or china,,, depending on what im bringing in,

no lousie or sick fish allowed in this shop ,my Thailand friends and i have been together for 7 to 8 years,,i came into the shop today to over 1000 sets of happy fins,,,,,

im hoping to find a place to talk fins and scales ,not to defend my fish room ,i have fun here ive met so many cool people in this town ,,,they address me as BIG FISH when im down town,,

im hoping for a good expierence here ,i went to midway tropical this am after the airport ,they are my all time favorite ,,i got a piranha there fot my birthday in the 5th grade,it lived for 13 years,,,,

have a wonderful day everyone

Paintguy

One thing you will get from a store rating system like this is some brutal honesty. I have seen some good shops get a wave of bad reviews only to learn from them and turn their store around for the better. Whether you are a sponsor or not you can get some new customers if people read something they like from others opinions written down here.

protocl

Since you live in seatac; there are lots of members who live in the surrounding area.
We could make an order to you and meet up, of course give extra for your trip.

A

Anonymous

i would be more than happy to take requests and order fish that you are interested in,

its one of the koolest things i get to do in this hobby,

A

Anonymous

protocl said:
Since you live in seatac; there are lots of members who live in the surrounding area.

sory friend i live in marysville ,i had a shipment to newjersey that i shipped air to air with delta air cargo ,im always open to locating and ordering in fish,its really nice to see what others are interested in,and learn about the fish,

again feal free to make suggestions,

peace

protocl

big fish aquatics said:
protocl said:

sory friend i live in marysville ,i had a shipment to newjersey that i shipped air to air with delta air cargo ,im always open to locating and ordering in fish,its really nice to see what others are interested in,and learn about the fish,

again feal free to make suggestions,

peace

Wow, remind me not to drink before I visit a LFS!! Lol
anyways, I'm sure as more members visit your store, the more reviews pos or neg would be shown.

Just as long it's not another 'the fish place' lol

Madness

Staff member
Endangered needs to be warned, or banned. I get on here to enjoy what I read and to learn something new, as well as to share my experience. Mikey, I don't care how long some of these individuals have been members or how involved they are, you as the creator needs to set rules on chat room language. My youngest gets on here once in a while and he does not need to read that crap.

Big Fish, that was hitting below the belt. Sometimes you need to be the bigger person and just know what you know and keep it to yourself.

I was heading up to see your store next Wednesday, but not sure I will now. I understand you are trying to support the fact that what was said was false. That was not the right way to do it. I apologize if I have judged you on what you said and it keeps me out of your store. But unfortunately we live in a society that lives on the words of others. Yes you were defending your store, but you had done a fine job doing so up until the last 2 posts.

sandnuka

Ok, looks like language was corrected by the member that had wrote it.... Thank you for that... Sorry, mikey and myself cant check every post before it goes on a thread.... Although we try to read every post, we do miss some... Topics can get way out of hand, arguments can get very heated... we understand that, but pleast keep vulgarity and language PG for our other more conservative members.

Madness

Staff member
sandnuka said:
we understand that, but pleast keep vulgarity and language PG for our other more conservative members.
This has nothing to do with being a conservative member. Its about having a site that is pleasant to read and interact. If you owned a business, would you want this type of language? No I don't think you would. Lets just say that this site is your business, so run it as if it were.

A

Anonymous

sandnuka said:
Overall Experience 1
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 0
Service 1

I should probably explain why, service is rated so low not because I wasnt treated well because of business hours.... variety was low because there was literally 10 different species when i went, but I have to say the quality of fish was outstanding.

its ok friend i understand,the tanks were up front and my drywall company was in the back ,i basically moved the tanks in from my garage to take up space,

i leased the space to get my drywall company out of my front room,,@ that time i was running crews and doing drywall work .just selling fish here and there and transshipping for people off of aquabid ,i seem to keep thinking i gave you an estimate on your garage...

my new shop is behind the old one ,it would be nice to see you again,,,same gravel parking lot just the front street is Columbia ave now,im new at retail and suggestions are welcome,

peace

Mikey

Everyone, read the rules to post in the rate our fish stores section. If you do not comply, your post will be deleted without warning. If you have a problem with a fish store, confront the owner, don't just bash over the internet.

Vulgar and offensive language is not welcome and you could be banned. Not just your username, but your IP address.
Thanks.

On a positive note, welcome to the site Big Fish Aquatics. Maybe you should create a thread in the general topic about suggestions for your store. It may help your ratings. Again, welcome.