Best plants for a plant filter?

zach_discus

So setting up my discus fishroom in a bit. Will be on a central filter system and looking to add a refugium/plant filter. Tank is 72x22x18tall and lighting is 4 led pendants

What plant would you all suggest?

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I got pothos and/or some other plant sticking out of each of my tanks. The challenge for me is maintaining the tank and having to move the plants. I hate that. Someone should invent a "plant holder" that clips onto the lip of a tank and doesn't interfere with the lid operation. I have mine shoved in the hole where a heater might stick out (before they were submersible).

I don't know the name of the plant that's hanging out of most of the tanks - but it readily roots on water -- like Spider Plant babies do - so it works great. Pic of the 30G plants.

Tank Plants LR.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
So setting up my discus fishroom in a bit. Will be on a central filter system and looking to add a refugium/plant filter. Tank is 72x22x18tall and lighting is 4 led pendants

What plant would you all suggest?

You should go watch Mark's Shrimp Tank videos on YouTube. He has a HUGE one of what you're talking about and there are all kinds of stuff growing in there. He's super nice too. He'd happily give you advise.

zach_discus

You should go watch Mark's Shrimp Tank videos on YouTube. He has a HUGE one of what you're talking about and there are all kinds of stuff growing in there. He's super nice too. He'd happily give you advise.
Thanks, will defiantly do that!!