Berried Blue Velvet

pbmax

I caught a good shot of my single berried Blue Velvet this evening. Her coloration isn't fantastic since she's sitting on light green, but she was posing for me so I grabbed the camera :)

Thanks for looking!

pbmax

JesseM

She'll darken up more in a few molts, I'm glad they are taking off already for you! I counted 5 berried females in my tank last night.

pbmax

Me too! It's definitely a good sign. I have so many plants in the tank I can usually only find 2 or 3 of them at any given time.

JesseM

pbmax said:
Me too! It's definitely a good sign. I have so many plants in the tank I can usually only find 2 or 3 of them at any given time.
Most of my tank is a giant clump of java moss, so I feel your pain.

JesseM

B4BBBC5F-7DD5-4A73-939F-75A6FD1F02CA-4013-0000044AE15674D5_zpsbda540bb.jpg

pbmax

Gorgeous blue :) I'll likely never hit that since I don't have much black in that tank. The substrate's mostly black, but it's littered with snail shells (calcium, u know :)).

JesseM

pbmax said:
Gorgeous blue :) I'll likely never hit that since I don't have much black in that tank. The substrate's mostly black, but it's littered with snail shells (calcium, u know :)).
Thats why I ordered Kens Veggie sticks with Calcium so theres no need for snail shells! Also of course yours will hit that blue, its a good strain.

pbmax

Tell that to all of the assassins in that tank that create them ;)

I feed veggie sticks with CA to all my inverts, off and on. My african dwarf frogs like them too, strangely enough.

pbmax

Here are a few more photos I took this morning. I have 3 berried blue velvets now; you can see 2 different ones in these photos. The original berried female (pictured twice) is both saddled and berried, which I've never noticed before among my neocaridina.

Thanks for looking!

pbmax

pbmax

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. She's been carrying them for 2 weeks now and past neocaridina batches have taken about 3 weeks.