Bent backs

A

Anonymous

Not trying to scare ppl but do get cuts for my homemade glass top(still sharp) cut my hands and arms then play around in the tanks. Have not got TB bumps like those pictures in Google but now I'm going to wear them cause im paranoid. Though I know I dont have tb in my tanks.

pbmax

I think the stress (osmotic shock or otherwise) made them susceptible to an otherwise benign pathogen wiped them out.  

I euthanized a brilliant rasbora a couple of weeks ago with a bent back and a messed up eye that was in my 29g community - no other fish were affected.  

I also stick my hands in my tanks regularly (sometimes with cuts, though I do try to minimize that or seal them with superglue first ;)) and have never run into any issues.

I wouldn't stress too much over it all, but I would keep livebearers in a tank without CO2 in the future.  :cyclops:

As for Morgan's lost fish, well, I can spot her some more platies in the future, if she is so inclined. To my knowledge, the platies I traded to her a few weeks ago are doing well. Us livebearer folks have to stick together, you know.  :spoton: 

MorganEA

SiRWesDragon said:
Not trying to scare ppl but do get cuts for my homemade glass top(still sharp) cut my hands and arms then play around in the tanks. Have not got TB bumps like those pictures in Google but now I'm going to wear them cause im paranoid. Though I know I dont have tb in my tanks.
Ouch! you should probably cover those edges!

Betty

Staff member
SiRWesDragon said:
If I have any cuts or scratches, I wear gloves.  Some of my fish bite and although they are small with tiny teeth, they can still break the skin.  I'm paranoid too!  8) 
I bought these at a fishing supply place in Seattle.

IMG_59182.jpg

MorganEA

The last guppy with the bent back has died so I put some new fish in to see if, what ever this crazy sickness is, spreads to them.

A

Anonymous

MorganEA said:
The last guppy with the bent back has died so I put some new fish in to see if, what ever this crazy sickness is, spreads to them.
Did you at least do a small water change cause of the meds?

KaraWolf

0.o how big is the glove itself though? seriously drooling at the thought, but most gloves are massive on me and make everything way more difficult so I skip them (even when ripping up thistles!)
good luck with the new fish in the tank Morgan :( hope it was just the new guys having trouble acclimating and not something worse!

Betty

Staff member
I have that same problem Kara.  I'm 5'2".  :D  I bought the small size and they fit. I went to the store when I was up in Seattle and tried them on to be sure they would work for me.  

IMG_5850.jpg

MRTom

Fingers crossed for you Morgan, hope it works out! And thanks for the glove link Betty! That is awesome!