Beamworks leds

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've only used some ones probably 5 years ago now. They were power hungry back then using 150 watts and it had bad spotlighting effect. Because it had 50, 3 watt leds, it had some shadowing. Back then at least I would not buy another one. Whether the new models are drastically different, I'm not sure cause I haven't bought another one.

MorganEA

I hade one of the newer ones on my 55 I liked it but it made things look yellow. It was nice and bright and my plants seemed to like it.

vtran86

I bought that one but mine is a 6 ft version. I agree with morganea that it makes things look yellow in the tank so your fish might not look so good, but I notice that my plants grew better then the t5 I use to have

Will I am

I have 2 4ft that are maybe 6 months old. Good lighting, bright, does make everything look yellow. There are only white and blue bulbs on the fixture I have. I wish it had some Reds in there. way brighter than the aqueon modular LED.

Bob

vtran86 said:
I bought that one but mine is a 6 ft version. I agree with morganea that it makes things look yellow in the tank so your fish might not look so good, but I notice that my plants grew better then the t5 I use to have

I was going to go with the 72inch for my 125. But two 36inchers were cheaper. And if they don't look good i can use them on my non planted 40 breeders. I plan on using two of these paired with 2 36 inch finnex planted plus to get the reds.