"Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught!

IceBerg

Re: "Barefoot Bandit" Finally Caught!

Wow, people have really strong opinions on this kid. As for my opinion its really messed up because I still have strong Viking blood running through my veins. It tells me that it would awesome to go over to the next "village" steal their women, loot their houses, and then burn it to the ground. On the other side I have my brain telling me that's not very civilized, and prison wouldn’t be so "fun". I'm all messed up because I hate thieves and liars in real life, but in the movies I always route for the bad guys. :confused:

article-0-08080933000005DC-366_634x368.jpg

Mikey

If someone stole my plane, I'd want them to be punished. If someone stole my car, I'd still want them to be punished. But if someone stole my plane and crashed it...That's another story.

I can see both sides to this:

1. A kid from Washington state is effectively eluding law enforcement, and he didn't steal MY car, so run little guy, you can do it!!

2. That little ba**** stole my plane, crashed it in another state, and is still running! Are you kidding me!!?? Kill him.

See, people will have different opinions. Mine, well I'll keep mine to myself. Let's just say that I don't want him to be my neighbor.

Ashley

Addictedtofish said:
TBH, when I was younger I use to be a rebel and wound up in prison. But my whole point of my posts is stating that everyone has done something BAD in there life that could have put them in jail, but yet they set back and call the kid scum just because he was caught. Yes in a way I do since the government likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Maybe we deserve what happens to us.
I agree! He wasn't trying to kill anyone so he isn't scum in my book! Yeah, what he did was a crime and he shouldn't be let off without some sort of punishment but I think this kid has a bright future (after prison of course) hehe.... he's pretty damn smart. And really you think you can learn to fly a plane on google? Get real!

A

Anonymous

Just for clarification, I took off and landed a single engine plane on my first lesson, most people do.

Ashley

Spyral said:
Just for clarification, I took off and landed a single engine plane on my first lesson, most people do.
:cheers: Wooohoo! good for you, but I'm sure he didn't take lessons! No need to take everything so personal, we all have our own opinions so why can't you just appreciate that? No one was trying to attack your great uncle charlie or whatever, stop being so snide...

CichofitAll

Addictedtofish said:
TBH, when I was younger I use to be a rebel and wound up in prison. But my whole point of my posts is stating that everyone has done something BAD in there life that could have put them in jail, but yet they set back and call the kid scum just because he was caught. Yes in a way I do since the government likes to stick there nose into everyones business. Maybe we deserve what happens to us.
I'm glad the little sh^t got caught. I hope he goes away for a long time. No not everyone is a felon. Some of us obey the rules and laws of society. I hate people that think the rules don't apply to them. How would you feel if it was your car stolen, or your home that he broke into? I bet you would'nt be crowing so loud then. As far as your last statement if you feel like bad things should happen to the US you are free to leave. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Addictedtofish

I really have a hard time believing You have never broke the law in some shape or form, Im sure you drive in the first two lanes on the highway and never once have you EVER gone over the speed limit. Im sure you have never copied a movie in your life when it clearly states prosecution if done.....If you have never once in your life ever broke the law, I applaud you for being such a obedient citizen programming to the governments opinion of how people should behave. I also have the right to complain how things are since no one wants to step up and change the way things are....including myself. Also there is a thing called insurance that would cover most if not all of your damages, if you really put that much value on material things then you yourself are breaking the law of the land.

CichofitAll

Addictedtofish said:
I really have a hard time believing You have never broke the law in some shape or form, Im sure you drive in the first two lanes on the highway and never once have you EVER gone over the speed limit. Im sure you have never copied a movie in your life when it clearly states prosecution if done.....If you have never once in your life ever broke the law, I applaud you for being such a obedient citizen programming to the governments opinion of how people should behave. I also have the right to complain how things are since no one wants to step up and change the way things are....including myself. Also there is a thing called insurance that would cover most if not all of your damages, if you really put that much value on material things then you yourself are breaking the law of the land.
Stop putting words in my mouth and read. You said that everyone has done something that could land them in prison, I pointed out that no not everyone is a felon. I never stated that I never broke the law. I speed on occasion. I don't have to pirate movies and music I have this thing called a job, that allows me to buy what I want. I don't put a high value on material things, I do however work my ass off for what I have. I think it's crap that people like this kid feel they have the right to take what others work for. There is also more to someone breaking into your house than just the loss of tangible baubles. There is a violation of sense of security, sense of home. You sound like a conspiracy nut when you keep talking about "programming", that or some kind of hippie. Again if you don't like our country feel free to leave. We would be better off without people like you anyway.

Addictedtofish

I did read what you wrote, maybe I need to clarify my statement for you. Not everyone is a felon until there caught and if the crime is severe enough to become a felon. In some countries prison and jail are the same thing, If you would like I can edit my statement and put jail if that would make you feel better. Also my statement clearing stated that EVERYONE has done something in there life that would of put them in jail/prison, speeding enough times( and being caught) will land you in jail. I also said if your that RIGHTEOUS of a person that never does anything wrong then good for you. You are correct about everyone isnt a felon, thats the reason because they got away with whatever crime they did and not all crimes will give you the title or the punishment of a felon. Even if you go to jail your not a felon.

Mikey

Let's just be happy that we're not in as much trouble as this "Barefoot" Kid!!
:cheers:

It's a win-win!

IceBerg

It's still pretty funny that CHM stole Bob Rivers plane and crash landed it in Yakima. :D

A

Anonymous

I agree on the Bob Rivers lullz too..I did find that funny. I also find it kind of sad that he put a gun to his own head and had to be talked out of it by the authorities in the Bahamas. Regardless of my execution comment, there is really no reason anyone should be backed so far into a corner that suicide is the only option they can fathom.

Addictedtofish

Oh wow I hadnt heard that, that is sad he took it that far instead of just giving up. Iceberg by chance where is McKenna? I never heard of the place. I was thinking by your comment that maybe it was a small town close to Yakima.

Addictedtofish

You could also look at it in another way, He could of done that and decided to take the insanity role to avoid actual years in prison for a few years in a mental hospital.

IceBerg

Addictedtofish said:
Iceberg by chance where is McKenna? I never heard of the place. I was thinking by your comment that maybe it was a small town close to Yakima.
In between Roy and Yelm. :D

aaronfeeney

barefoot bandit

The asshole put the gun to his head for more attention,, and besides no one is going to shoot a guy who is aiming at himself. this little bastard deserves to pay fully for each and every single theft and international boundary law he broke. All added up that would put him away for a good long time. Folk Hero My ass , he's a prick.

Billiethekid

i applaud his ability to utilize what he had, BUT needless to say he didnt do it alone... notice that he only stayed ahead of the police while in WASHINGTON once he left WA he was caught within a REALLY short amount of time compared to his long time in WA. He F****d up and got cocky. In my Honest opinion he would still be on the run because of the help he had if he hadnt left WA. Thats my 2¢ on the issue. Good Job on Thoughtfulness REALLY POOR choice on application.

A

Anonymous

Wow, the Bahamas really want to get rid of him! $300 fine and deportation!