WTB Bamboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
I have several canes like this-

IMG_3209.jpg

They might be too small for your purposes, but you are welcome to them if they could be of use.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I have a big stand of bamboo by the beach; I'll go down there tomorrow to see if I have any bigger canes that have been cut down.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I have a backyard full of bamboo but unfortunately none that width… I do have some about 12’ tall haha but only 1/2” to 3/4” thick
I’ll let you know if anything changes

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
It's much taller and wider than that type in sir keith's photo. I think it's probably wider diameter than you want, but I can look and see if there are any dry pieces that are smaller. The sizes do vary so I might have something around.View attachment 9227View attachment 9228View attachment 9229
I see some smaller diameter stalks that might. Would it be possible to hunt through your bamboo stand for the size I'm looking for?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Won’t the bamboo float ?

betty, I have timber bamboo too but nowhere near the width of yours… maybe mine is too crowded

Betty

Staff member
Won’t the bamboo float ?

betty, I have timber bamboo too but nowhere near the width of yours… maybe mine is too crowded
It took a couple of years before it started to get like that. Every year the new growth is wider and taller.

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
It took a couple of years before it started to get like that. Every year the new growth is wider and taller.
Nice…. Mine is crazy thick. I’ve had it about five years now

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I now have over 20ft of bamboo strapped to the motorcycle for use in making pleco caves thanks to @Betty. Thank you so much.
1623957182097.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.