Baby Bristlenose Plecos!

MorganEA

18414_10205896505593403_8153335841673304726_n.jpg

Thats about half of the clutch, the other half is swarming the beans that I put in.

MorganEA

I have to say that I love this breeder box it keeps everything surprisingly clean! My only 2 problems are that the air pump method of feeding the box gave me little to no flow so I attached a pump to the end which solved that. The other problem is that the openings in the separators are too big, it works for my Plecos but would never work for tiny fry like livebarers or my angel fish fry and I can't think of anyway to fix that. Here are pictures of the box before I clean it.
30AA1C81-024F-406C-85D0-C7B0E7E594C8.jpg

030B248B-5E47-4B7D-AF2B-32C9ADCA34E1.jpg

DE16F41C-DA32-438D-B28B-FE496F11C723.jpg

See all the poo and un eaten food gets pushed to one side and I can suck it up with my handy turkey baster without being worried about sucking up a baby as well!!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I use these for a short time after angel fry have been laid. I just use fine screen material to cover the outlet so they won't get pushed back into the main tank. :)

Betty

Staff member
I buy a bit of tulle at the fabric store or the fabric section of walmart and use it for all sorts of aquarium related stuff. I haven't tried it, but it's thin enough that it might wrap around that divider and still fit down in the slot.

MorganEA

Betty said:
I buy a bit of tulle at the fabric store or the fabric section of walmart and use it for all sorts of aquarium related stuff. I haven't tried it, but it's thin enough that it might wrap around that divider and still fit down in the slot.
Thats a great Idea!