Baby Bristlenose Plecos!

MorganEA

I figured I should start my own thread and stop stealing Shortykilogyrl's :)
Jan 28th
photo16-1.jpg

May 2nd
photo3-3.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

Bad Ipod picture of the one egg that was in the fry saver. We got to watch it hatch!!
photo18.jpg

MorganEA

It's so exciting now hop full nothing will happen to them

Hop full?? Thanks auto correct. hopefully**

Betty

Staff member
Congrats, Morgan. That's awesome. I never get tired of cute little baby fishies!

MorganEA

The dad was getting upset by all the other Plecos sticking their noses in his cave so I moved everything into a hob marina box.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Great Idea. I wish I could have done that however mine is a bowfront tank so I can't hang mine on it :( I have a 10 gallon cycling right now so I can add them to that for grow out until I can get my 20L set up.

MorganEA

My 20l just finished cycling so I'm slowly starting to add the Plecos I'm afraid to add to many at a time and loose them.
And the babies are starting to change colors! When should I remove the dad?

MorganEA

I took the cave away from the babies today I have around 40 babies! I'm still not sure if they are going to be calico or regular Plecos yet.

MorganEA

Fry them up and feed them to my cats!! :twisted: I'm kidding. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them they were kind of a surprise, I didn't think any of them were ready to breed.
I have a 20L that is going to house my calico plecos and Ill probably put them in there to grow out.