Auqabid sellers

Livebearer Lady

What is your experiences in dealing with these hobby sellers? I just got banned for bidding because I was quoated an inflated shipping cost! L.O.L. I have 100% feed-back on E-bay as a seller/buyer of many "live" things...
Please share your purchase experiences with us,
It's TOO bad that they're being snobbs as I have found some really rare pleco's L-32 but who's to trust on there anyomre, I'm sure the site Mgr. would have soething to say, I should report this bad-mouthed seller an have him banned

Last edited:

L190

I have bought some fish from aquabid. I have asked how much shipping would be, if it was in my opinion too much, I don't bid and move on. It might be an inflated price because these are small time hobbyist that don't ship enough to have an account with ups or FedEx. Are you a pleco collector too?

clifford

My experience on Aquabid has been pretty straightforward. I've purchased from a dozen or so vendors (both domestically and internationally) via the site and have never had a negative experience. That said, there are quite a few sellers I would steer clear of based on feedback and general reputation. The web is great for shining light on those types of problems.

Every person I've bought from has had information regarding how they ship or a cost estimate either in the item description (or on their "Just Me" page), and if I've had questions or concerns, I've always used the "Ask a Seller" feature for clarification prior to bidding.

It's worth noting that many of the sellers on the site are businesses, represent businesses, or are serious enough hobbyists that they operate like businesses...and the internet and fish hobby are both full of a very wide range of people (many great, some horrible). After dealing with horrible a few times, I think many of the sellers just automatically ban, rather than waste time dealing with folks they feel they could never make happy.

It's unfortunate, but a little like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld back in the day. Basically, here are my extremely strict rules. The first time you do something that I don't like, I'm never spending time on you again. Not very friendly, but it kind of makes sense.

dwarfpike

I've only bought from The Wet Spot thus far, who were great. I am hesitant about the hobby ones, unless they are well known to me on the various forums I'm on.

FishBeast

Ditto for The Wet Spot. Hassle-free transaction and overnight delivery! Actually just took about 12 hours!