At what point do you become a CRAZY fish lady?!

GilbertonFisher

i never thought i would say this....

I love guppies!!!!!!!! They are quirky and cute and colorful. I am picking up some new varieties today after work. Platinum mosaic, blue mosaic and red eye red grass. I am super stoked!

My daffodil cichlids are growing like weeds, for the most part everyone has their own territory. I'm sure that not to long from now some will be ousted from the group and will need a new home. Until then I will enjoy watching them mature.

I lost some, ok 6, of my shrimp to my female paradise fish. So she moved back in with her abusive hobby. Poor thing was colorless this morning... time to put up a wall.

The community tank is doing well. That's all for now!

Anthraxx

nice glad to hear your tanks are working out decently. i to have recently gone down the guppy road. im actually impressed with the colors even right after shipping they look fantastic. if your ever looking for some new blood i suggest ordering some from finsandfeathers on site here. i just got my group from her. (snakeskins?) not sure of species but they r pretty.

GilbertonFisher

Today is very exciting for me! I'm hatching out killi eggs for the first time. I got 20 eggs from a breeder in Poland. I'm thinking positive and hoping for 15+ fry to survive, but only expect 2-4. I will probably hatch a few batches just to figure out what works best for me, I will update this afternoon!

GilbertonFisher

Yesterday only 5 of my 20 Fp. Sj. Niger delta killi eggs hatched yesterday, but I'm waiting two days before I pull all the peat out. I will dry the pear again and re-wet it in two weeks.

Another surprise this morning!! I have 3-5 Red Eye Red Grass guppy fry!!!! I've only had them since Thursday so I was defiantly caught off guard on that one, but happy!

Ive always likened my fish collection to be almost like a hording issue, ...congrats on the killifish . I'm going to try and hatch , nothos on the 25th.

GilbertonFisher

This morning I had black Moscow babies! There are now 7 killi fry, and only 1 red eye red grass fry. One of the females flew the coop yesterday, I always forget to close the lids :(

GilbertonFisher

Guess I could update everyone one eats been going on. I HAVE BLACK MOSCOW GUPPIES AND CHERRY SHRIMP COMING OUT OF MY EARS!!! I have to say everyone is healthy, I have 3 killi fry still kicking, my how they have grown! I do have 6 daffodil cichlids and a 5" pleco looking for homes. Oh gee, brain fart... well fish are good, and my son is finally a year old, I got engaged (finally) last week, dogs are kicking and all is well.

GilbertonFisher

Wow! 504 views!! I feel so accomplished, thanks guys :sunny:

last week I tore down my red cherry shrimp tank because it was INFESTED with pond snails. I had tried using a chunk of vegetable but my shrimp would start eating before the snails.

Did you know pond snails can float? Like starting from the bottom of the tank, just float. :shock:

So I've decided to redo my shrimp tank as a natural planted tank. This afternoon I got the substrate prepared and started my background. I'm using plastic canvas with moss to make stripped background. I hope it grows in decent.

Tomorrow is a full day of salmon fishing on the skokomish river, I'm stoked on the Skok!!!

GilbertonFisher

Went fishing today in the ARMPIT of kitsap county known as gorst and caught more than a buzz! I landed a ~25lb king hen. Gorgeous fish! Curing eggs tomorrow for fishing on the rivers :) pictures of everything later.

GilbertonFisher

it's a sad morning in my household, my entire shrimp colony died last night...

i was adding some plants when i noticed bubbles escaping from the substrate where i was planting, i'm assuming it was the bad gas... Not to long after the shrimp were lying on thier sides, having irratic movements and falling back the the ground. So i did a 50% W/C, double dosed with Prime, and added areation. The only thing I could do was wait and see. This morning everyone was dead. My two Otto cats and my three killi fry are fine, showing no signs of stress.

My question to you, is there something more i could have done?

Gryphon

Sounds like my one misadventure with Red Cherry shrimp. Put 25 of them into my tank, and that night while I was at work they found a slight opening in the netting I had over my filter intake. When I got home the next morning, they had all kamikaze'd into my filter. Rescued 3 out of the filter but they didn't last long afterwards.