At what point do you become a CRAZY fish lady?!

GilbertonFisher

While chaos ensued in my shrimp tank, my purple mystery snails are doing a purple snail boogy! Keeping my fingers crossed that the eggs hatch and survive!

GilbertonFisher

Wow, its been a long time! Update time i suppose:
Guppies are doing great, I just added two more strains to my collection, Black Moscow AOC, Blue Moscow, and one lone golden pastel.
My red eye red grass have been slow to grow in number, they have the most insatiable appetite, thus are major fry hogs :(
I goofed up with my blacks and black AOC's, without thinking I dumped my aoc females in with the regular blacks. I guess I will just get a new black trio and restart that way. The males are identifiable, but the females from each strain are nearly identical.
The platinum mosaic colony is doin well, just taking time to mature and color up.

The 5 purple snails I started with in spring have multiplied exponentially! But its a good thing :) I did just loose one of my breeder females, and with the cooler temps in my fish room the multiplication has slowed some.

Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing catastrophic occurs over the winter :suspect:

Have a fantastic holiday season!!!

GilbertonFisher

Its hard to believe that I have finally stuck with something for over a year, and I still love my fish!!!

Some updates:

I currently have 7 tanks running, 4x 10 gal, 1x 20T, 1x 30 gal and my 200
- 10gal: RREA Red Grass guppy colony, I have 1 adult pair and about 5-10 fry all for sale
- 10gal: Blue Moscow/Gold Pastel Guppy colony, all of these are for sale too. I want to play more with other fish
- 10gal: solitary Astatotilapia Caliptera female holding, first spotted holding on 5/5/12
- 10gal: ~40 Astatotilapia Caliptera fry waiting for new homes and for me to get another 20T set up
- 20T: 6 Albino BN about 1.5", purple briggs snails, the last of my platinum mosaic guppies, and my female betta Harley.
- 30 Bowfront: 1M/3F Astatotilapia Caliptera, and my adult BN's
- 200 Bowfront: Malawi Community and a giant tinfoil

Plans:

- sell off all my guppies
- spawn my BN's
- spawn cherry barbs
- continue spawning the A. Caliptera
- watch my community color up! I do need to replace this tank soon, looking for another 200+ gallons, preferably acrylic. This tank is on a 10' wall so I'm not concerned about footprint. Bigger is better!!!
- participate in the outdoor white cloud minnow race with GSAS, supper excited and looking for white clouds :D
- I want to try to raise brine shrimp to a self sustaining colony, I emailed back and forth with Cory about this, sounds like a blast!

overall very happy with my decision to become a crazy fish lady, i love dinking around with my tanks, aquascaping and watching the fish effortlessly move through the water. also looking for floating plants, duckweed red root floater or amazon frog-bit.

I hope everyone enjoys what promises to be a beautiful weekend!!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thats a lot of tanks! MTS for sure! (Multiple Tank Syndrome) :D

GilbertonFisher

I plan to have more up by the end of the summer. I've given up on baby number 2 so the would be nursery is now the new fish room :) fair trade?!

Anthraxx

nice to see someone attempting to breed some community stuff. sure not much profit out of it but its by far a harder process. i wish you luck with the cherries, if u do manage to find some white clouds let me know :)

GilbertonFisher

We have babies!!! My holding female astatotilapia call opted (eastern happy) let out ~50 free swimmers yesterday :) I'm looking for homes for 40 1" fry, I can ship and I take pride in my packaging.

Started up my 'green' pond this week in anticipation of the great white cloud race with GSAS, and this week I'm also setting up a brine shrimp colony. Should be fun!!

Have a great weekend! Camping!!!!