FS Aquarium stuff and fish for sale and also free fish some of them are rescues - Lynnwood - PU

Crit

Welcome to my ongoing thread.

RESCUED FISH THAT NEED A HOME: (see pics below)

1) Red Betta is gone

2) Up next we have a beautiful white Dumbo Betta fish who was an unplanned PetSmart rescue. This betta fish had a price tag of 20 bucks!! This fish suffered from ammonia poisoning and swim bladder disease unlike Toppa he sank to the bottom and look like a flounder stuck to the bottom. I treated him with fresh water changes daily and Catappa leaf with highly dissolved oxygenated water and fasting for about 5 days until his system past the waste.

Since then this fish has made a full recovery and unlike Toppa, this one seems a lot more hardy and not sensitive as he can eat pellets without showing any signs of relapsing to swim bladder disease. For those of you who don't know, dry betta food pellets are known to easily give betta fish bloating problems.

OTHER FREE FISH: (see pics below)

Here I have a fish that is in need of a new home, but not just any home because I care about the well-being of the fish I would like them to go to a new home which has at least a couple of fish of his same species.

1) Bolivian Ram is gone

2) Panda Cory is gone

FOR SALE:

-Hydrocynus Goliath African Tiger Fish 6" wild caught. This ATF has been successfully pellet trained which is very difficult feat to accomplish as it is a chase predator. This ATF has a damaged right eye because it either hit it on the top of the lid or the other tiger fish might have nipped his eye not exactly sure. It happened a while ago now so it has conpletely healed. He is blind out of the eye but the eye still moves and he still successfully eats. Contact me for price if you're interested.

-x2 Red Tail Tinfoil Barbs 2.5-3.5" $20 for both (see pics below)

-x3 10 gallon aquariums x2 hood lights. $10 each

-20 gallon acrylic SeaClear aquarium with stock lighting. This has no scratches on it and will not require any repairs like other acrylic tanks need. $80 (Sold)

-20 gallon high aquarium with Aqueon glass hinged lid and back lid cover. $40 (sold)

-20 gallon long Aqueon aquarium new and unused still with sticker on it. $25 (sold)

-x4 Marimo moss balls $5 each or x4 for $15. (Sold)

-multiple various heaters ranging from 15 watt through 100 watt. Contact me for what you might be looking for.

-multiple various HOB filters ranging from 5 gallon through 75 gallon usage capacity. Contact me for what you might be looking for.

LOT 1: $15 (sold)
-2.5 mini acrylic Bow
-Mini bow mechanical filter
-Mini bow cover with light and bulb
-2.5 glass bowl
-Glass bowl metal cover
-Decorative plant
-Small fish net
-Small bag of assorted substrate
-Mini airstone with color changing LED light
-Siphon vacuum with hose

LOT 2: $25 (sold)
-10 gallon fish tank
-Cover with light and bulbs
-Top Fin air pump
-Automatic fish feeder

LOT 3: $50 (sold)
-40 gallon long aquarium
-Bag of used Blue Rock substrate
-x2 36" All-Glass brand fluorescent lights
-Water change tube vacuum siphon

Below are pictures of Lot 1 2 and 3 and all other pictures of my listings.

View attachment 4967 View attachment 4968 View attachment 4969 20181108_034202.jpg View attachment 20181108_033232.jpg 20181025_055231.jpg View attachment 4974 View attachment 4975 View attachment 20181123_032118.jpg View attachment 4984 View attachment 4985 View attachment 4986

Last edited:

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
What are the dimensions of the 40-gallon-long aquarium? If it is 48 inches long x 12 inches wide x ~16 inches tall, I'll take it. From the pic you posted, it definitely looks like it has a 48" x 12" footprint, but I'm not sure about the height, which is crucial for me in determining whether it will fit in the space I have available. Thanks. :)

Keith

Crit

What are the dimensions of the 40-gallon-long aquarium? If it is 48 inches long x 12 inches wide x ~16 inches tall, I'll take it. From the pic you posted, it definitely looks like it has a 48" x 12" footprint, but I'm not sure about the height, which is crucial for me in determining whether it will fit in the space I have available. Thanks. :)

Keith
Hello Keith yes it is exactly 48 inch by 17 inch by 12 and 1/2 in.. Sorry I should have put in the dimensions I didn't because I thought all 40 Long's were about the same dimensions.

I forgot to mention that there is another person before you who said they were interested in it but then they told me they got busy and he has not responded for sometime. So to be fair I'm going to give him a chance by asking him once more today and if he does not respond today then you can take it. I don't think he's going to follow through with the tank.

Last edited:

Crit

Okay and Sunday would work out.. I'm headed to work now I'm going to give the guy a chance to respond by end of my shift tonight if not then its yours. If you want I could send you a message at the end of my shift tonight letting you know. Given the communication between him and I so far it really does not look like he's going to get it.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Sounds good. I started a 'Conversation' with you on this site so we can exchange contact information privately. Please go there and check it out. And I would appreciate a message tonight to let me know whether we are a 'go' or a 'no go.' Thanks!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
SOLD! The 40-long is sold, to me! :) Great transaction, super nice guy. And the tank fit into the back seat of my 1991 BMW 325iS with about 1/2" to spare! Very happy.

IMG_2567.jpg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
No, standard 325i. The tank was 36x18x18 and just fit as I remember.

People who own pickup trucks just don't understand the pain we go through for the hobby... Over the last couple of years I've bought three tanks and stands- a 100 that I brought home (from Issaquah to Poulsbo) in a U-Haul, and two 125's that I was able to transport courtesy of a helpful neighbor. Now there is no more space in the fish room, so I guess I'm done...

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
As this thread is already been heavily hijacked here is another hijinks in the aquarium hobby story. I worked part time at an aquarium store in Colorado when I was first married and had a newborn to support my hobby. My full time job as a mechanic barely paid the bills but I digress. So, I borrowed the shop owners minivan to pickup a used 135g because they are so hard to come by. My first clue that this was a bad idea should have been one corner heavily covered in silicone were the seller botched a repair. Unfazed I purchased the aquarium for about $100 if I remember correctly, only been about 14yrs ago now. The only smart thing was placing the aquarium on the balcony of my second floor apartment. I did not yet have a python system so one 5 gallon bucket at a time I filled the aquarium to test its structural integrity. At about 90% the seam failed and deluged the downstairs apartments patio. I did not know the downstairs tenant but he did appear outside as quickly as tried to disappear inside. My delusional scheme of one day repairing the tank were finally dowsed 2-3 years later when I recycled the glass after having transported it all the way to NYC from Colorado.:confused:

FishBeast

As this thread is already been heavily hijacked here is another hijinks in the aquarium hobby story. I worked part time at an aquarium store in Colorado when I was first married and had a newborn to support my hobby. My full time job as a mechanic barely paid the bills but I digress. So, I borrowed the shop owners minivan to pickup a used 135g because they are so hard to come by. My first clue that this was a bad idea should have been one corner heavily covered in silicone were the seller botched a repair. Unfazed I purchased the aquarium for about $100 if I remember correctly, only been about 14yrs ago now. The only smart thing was placing the aquarium on the balcony of my second floor apartment. I did not yet have a python system so one 5 gallon bucket at a time I filled the aquarium to test its structural integrity. At about 90% the seam failed and deluged the downstairs apartments patio. I did not know the downstairs tenant but he did appear outside as quickly as tried to disappear inside. My delusional scheme of one day repairing the tank were finally dowsed 2-3 years later when I recycled the glass after having transported it all the way to NYC from Colorado.:confused:
OMG hahaha did he find out it was you?