Aquarium & Garden - Federal Way

jrygel

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 2
Service 5

New shop just a mile from my office in Federal Way - had to check it out. Nicely setup with pretty decent prices and healthy looking stock, if they have what you want - not much selection of fish. The shop's only been open for a couple weeks at this point, so we'll see how the aquariums hold up over time. Huge selection of chemicals and filtration, again with pretty reasonable prices on most items. I'll definitely be going back for most of my dry good needs rather than the local petsmart and will be looking there when I am re-stocking my tanks as well.

-Justin

GoodnNuff

Overall Experience 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 2
Service 5

I stopped in a few days ago. Lots of goldfish and cichlids. I think this is the same guy who was in West Seattle and had the huge pool full of Arapaima?

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

I swung by Aquarium & Garden Inc. this afternoon. Michael was behind the counter talking with an enthusiastic couple so I wandered around the store. I recognized a lot of the inventory as being from Aquarist World in West Seattle. There were tanks along both side walls and racking in the middle with an assortment of gardening and aquarium supplies.

I was impressed with the nice selection of plants, quite a few varieties of Cryptocornes and swordplants (Helanthium previously Echinodorus) that I typically don't see in the LFS . There were many varieties of goldfish and koi and a tank of two of Cichlids but I did not see any saltwater nor any 'bread and butter fish' like swords, platies, mollies, tetras, barbs, etc. I took a couple of pics, sorry for the quality but it was a phone camera.
26768288042_118d62bfed_b.jpg

26768288292_b94fb3a3da_b.jpg

26768288372_394d6940be_b.jpg

26768288662_c0078edf38_b.jpg

26768288832_0d0f7e07c0_b.jpg

And for you plantheads there were even a couple of Buce's by the front door.
26768288882_ebcb590186_b.jpg

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 2
Service 4

Stingro

I went here last Monday, got there around 9:30 am. The store didn't open til 10am so I waiting around. I left around 10:30 and the store was still closed. Very disappointing.

Overall Experience 0
Cost ?
Quality of Fish ?
Variety ?
Service ?

If I decide to come back, I'll change up my rating and update review.