Aquarium Co-Op gets an app!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
We've got a big announcement. We now have an app for your phone! Currently it's only available on Android. Within the next 10 days or so it will be available for your iPhone/iPad as well. Best of all it's Free!

We will have app only deals. There is one this week, once you install it you'll be able to see the free gift we are giving away this week.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... uariumcoop

A

Anonymous

:spoton: - tell me, how coOl is that? Awesome Cory ,the app for Android rocks!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Blackberry feels left out. Lol just kidding I know I'm one of few BlackBerry holders. I knew apps weren't as available for it. But I love their set up more than apps. So i'll stick to the web site and driving there! :)

tazeat

Aside from the deals tab, what do we get over the website? The website loads fine on the phone. You get some analytics I guess.

Also fyi on android, you get a force close if you try to open a blog entry, at least the Finnex StringRAY LED... one.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
tazeat said:
Aside from the deals tab, what do we get over the website? The website loads fine on the phone. You get some analytics I guess.

Also fyi on android, you get a force close if you try to open a blog entry, at least the Finnex StringRAY LED... one.

Thanks for bringing the force close to my attention. I'll put in an email to the developers to see whats going on there.

As for what do you get outside the website? Nothing really. Just deals. We will be moving to an app only platform for interaction with customers long term as all social media outlets are a let down for businesses currently.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Aquarium Co-Op said:
We will be moving to an app only platform for interaction with customers long term as all social media outlets are a let down for businesses currently.

What does this mean for the website?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Website will run just as it does now. It's just the extra daily content on facebook etc that will feed through the app. The problem is if I post the stock list on facebook. 10% of the customers see it in their feed.

So everyone thinks they'll get the updates. But the reality is you'll see 1 out of every 10 posts we make.

Another benefit for the app is I'm gonna get wafishbox linked on it. So it should bring new people.

dwarfpike

Neat for those of us that aren't on Facebook to get the alerts though, downloading to iPhone now. :spoton:

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
So, I submitted changes to the app today. Wafishbox and Shelldwellers.com will now be viewable through the app it seems. This should be good, it's like making an app for this site really.

Also I just put a new deal up. Buy a $25 gift card through the app. We'll send a $10 gift card to ya free. App users only :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
if you read the fine print on the app it says limit 1 per customer/household etc.

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
if you read the fine print on the app it says limit 1 per customer/household etc.
Hehe ;)

It's a great deal though, I was messing with you. Was in the store and noticed the iron and phosphate testers. Didn't pick them up but will soon though :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
If you check it out now. You should be able to see Wafishbox under web links!

keman

Got it on my iPhone... I like it. Makes me wish I lived closer. Just don't get north of Seattle often.