Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet Saturday October 18th!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Posted ads on Seattle Craigslist again! less than 2 weeks away! Starting to get ready already :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Posted about the swap on the aquarium co-op page and paid to have it reach a few thousand people :)

Bob

So whats this all about? Have never been to one and would be a long drive for me. What kind of stuff is there and how large is this event? Thanks for any info, need to figure out if its worth the drive.

KaraWolf

It is exactly what it sounds like. Us hobbyist get together in Auburn and trade/sell stuff/talk fish. There are currently 7 tables (long folding tables) going to be setup with various peoples stuff for sale. The kind of stuff depends on what people want to get rid of and the size is purely dictated by how many people end up coming. Sounds like it could be pretty big if Cory is advertizing on the Co-op page.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I added a thing to my facebook post. Everyone who shares it and shows it to us in store gets a free portion of live black worms.

Also been posting to craigslist. Spread the word!

11 DAYS...!!!

Hi folks! I've been away for several days, but I'm back now and looking forward to the SWAP.

We have 5-7 table spaces left (8 currently signed up) if any of you want to climb aboard and sell or trade excess plants, fishy animals, and equipment.

Karawolf...you nailed it!

Morgan...thanks for posting on FB.

The more of you that post on your own pages and other social outlets, the more people we'll have show up! It's a fun event and I'm looking forward to seeing all of you that show up!

Madness

Staff member
funkyfish88 said:
Are there any tables left??

Ron, if not give him the one reserved for me. Saturdays are so very difficult for me to become available, and it sucks, I wont be making this one either. :(

Okay, funkyfish88...you have the Madness table!
I'll collect the money after we all get our tables set.

For the newbies, there will be 8' tables with one or 2 chairs behind them for you. The tables are arranged around the perimeter of the large room and sometimes 2 out in the center. If you need electricity, bring extension cord.

All you new visitors, come and plan to have a lot of fun, learn a lot from the experienced hobbyists, and share what you know with others.

Madness said:
Ron, if not give him the one reserved for me. Saturdays are so very difficult for me to become available, and it sucks, I wont be making this one either. :(
Madness, you are going to be missed again!!!! :(

By the way, Deniz A. and Brenda T. are going to help with stints at the regstration table. Thank you for volunteering...! Can I get 2 more of you here to help in 45-60 minute stints? It's easy! Really!

Angelman

So how are we doing on table counts so far?

I went and posted to allot of F/B groups today. Have one I missed post it for us.... thanks

Angelman

Alright less then a week until this happens. Time share what your bringing:

Fish
Angels Dime to Quarter size
Adults Angels
Pairs of Angels
Endlers
Kribs
Guppies
Clown Loaches
Bristle nose pleco's
Apistogramma

Aquariums
30 gallon
40 gallon

other
Some live plants
Alder comes
Fish foods of all kinds.
Aquarium related home decorations (see intarsia post)
Breeds slates
Canister filters x3
Spawning Caves

Stickers for the kids and maybe a drawing have to wait and see
and what ever else we can throw together.....

So far there are 12 registered tables chock full of fish goodies to go through at the swap meet.

I'll be bringing a UV filter, 46gal bow front tank with glass lid, small submersible pump, breeding boxes, air pumps, small LED lights, 10gal light strip and glass top, caves, mag algae scrapers, mini-compact fluorescent Colormax light bulb, freshwater master test kit with extra reagents, plants, bog wood, miscellaneous parts pan, and MORE!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just sent out an email to the subscribers of the Cartel list to remind everyone.

Here's what I'm bringing:
Pacman frogs and food, a few cuties leftover from this weekends reptile expo.
Finnex lights including the new stingray lights.
Shirts
$8 aquariums
Sponge Filters
Air Pumps
Repashy Foods
Finnex Canister Filters