AQUARIST WORLD WHITE CENTER GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE

anthony

So I was driving by my local store and noticed a huge going out of business banner. I talked to the owner and he told me the lease was up in December. So as of now he is doing buy 2 get 1 free on the fish and supplies. I told him I would post and let you guys know. So He is being smart about things and starting early so he doesn't have to sell everything at the last minute for ridiculous prices. And I don't know if that includes high ticket items .Well I have done a lot of business there another one of my local spots closing up.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that's sad. We're losing another local independently owned fish store. Can't the CA/SA cichlid owners get a break? Gotta figure out how to keep the stores that keep this fish alive!

A

Anonymous

Might stop by since its close to my work in renton. Do they have african cichlids? Need to find my replacements cause my babies got cooked then ammonia spike same day miserable day. Yesterday. But do they? Don't worry Cory I'll go up there to co-op someday.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
SiRWesDragon said:
Might stop by since its close to my work in renton. Do they have african cichlids?  Need to find my replacements cause my babies got cooked then ammonia spike same day miserable day. Yesterday.  But do they? Don't worry Cory I'll go up there to co-op someday.
Don't worry it's only a matter of time until you get sucked into the Aquarium Co-Op black hole of community tanks :p

In the past hes had some africans here and there, but I wouldn't say a lot by any means. I haven't been there in probably 6 months so I"m not sure what his recent stock has been like.

Madness

Staff member
I wonder if it has something to do with that big investigation. I know that he took a hit and had several fish taken from him.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
madness said:
I wonder if it has something to do with that big investigation.  I know that he took a hit and had several fish taken from him.
I hadn't heard about this. Separate from Andy and QT case? Any articles in the paper about it?

Madness

Staff member
No, Andy was the one shut down, and several others investigated. Even though Mike wasnt shut down he is on probation and he lost several fish.

Just spoke with a close friend of Mikes and he said the investigation and the constant visits by authorities have taken the enjoyment out of it, so he is done. He is just tired of it all.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Ive always wanted to go there but never made it. Looks like I now never will. :( 

Sad to see another business close down.

Nick_87

Well I drove by there for the first time on wednesday and they were closed. I didnt know they were only closed wednesdays haha but i did see the store closing sign. I'll have to make it back and see what they got.