Aponogeton crispus

julzhull

My first aponogeton crispus bloom!

It's hard to pick out in the sea of octopus plant. I finally snaked the bloom up through an opening in the back of the tank. Can only enjoy when the hood is open.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

julzhull

It's a great plant for tall tanks. The plant gets super tall. It's super pretty even without the flower.

Betty

Staff member
Nice! I had a similar one. I dropped a couple of bulbs in a 20 gallon tank and ended up having to move the one that grew to a 60 gallon so it could stand upright. It bloomed as well. But after than one, I've never been able to get another one to grow at all!

julzhull

Nice! I had a similar one. I dropped a couple of bulbs in a 20 gallon tank and ended up having to move the one that grew to a 60 gallon so it could stand upright. It bloomed as well. But after than one, I've never been able to get another one to grow at all!
I didn't realize they were bulb plants until I was looking them up to see pics of their blooms recently. I have a couple others that are doing decently as well. I love how long the leaves get.

julzhull

Found this on what I thought was another Aponogeton crispus. If it's a bud it looks different from the other.

image.jpeg