Apisto Panduro spawn

bassetman

They are laying eggs right now! About twenty so far. Try to get some spawn pics when they finish up.i am assuming this means they like the switch to mixed ro water instead of my 8.3 ph liquid concrete.

Dad.

Mom.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Awwesome  I had a pandura but gave it to my step dad for his panted 40g..... Beautiful little cichlids you have there!

cichlid-gal

Very cute little fish there. Adding an RO water system is going to allow you to have lots of fish that just don't fair well in the higher PH tanks. I'm excited to see the babies. Good luck with the spawn.

bassetman

Looks like 40-60 eggs. Mommy seems to be doing a good job fanning them. Hope for wigglers in 2-4 days.

The Altums like the RODI water as well.

bassetman

my final male has chosen his girl. Both very colored up and starting to lay in the white pipe.

This morning she has filled the pipe section with eggs maybe 40-60ish. Will try for pics on day two or three. Do not want to spook the first time mommy into losing the spawn.

A

Anonymous

The colored up female Panduro to me are one of the most beautiful of female Apistogramma with the way they are marked. But look at this male. He's super neat looking.

Hoping to see some of these photos in the next POTM contest ;)