Anyone know where i can find some Kyoga flamebacks?

Anthraxx

aquarium co-op might be able to bring them in, also a place for pets in burien might have them. if both those fall thru give the wet spot in portland a try. they have flat rate 15$ shipping to anywhere in WA and its 2 day i think. not a terrible way to go, GL to ya

cichlid-gal

I have had Dave's stock of the Kyoga's...beautiful fish.

DSC_0542_zpsc7dad36f.jpg

My group was placed with a Fishboxer...I don't know if they are spawning for him yet.

fishermanpete

Wow nice looking kyoga you got there, definitely going to color up real nice! I gave Dave a call but unfortunately he's out of em....same goes for wetspot and a place for pets. :scratch: I did find a awesome jalo reef at a place for pets though. :plus1:  

Anthraxx

pete if you end up giving up ive got a group of semi-adults (still growing and too much in the tank to get good numbers) Paralabidochromis Chromogynos "black piebald" that im looking to rehome. all fish are pushing 4'' at least 3m 4f based on fins and general behavior. cichlid gal has more info if your curious. im just looking to downsize before a move and figure why not. PM for more info, i could easily scan / email the write up cichlid_gal did.

fishermanpete

If anyone else was interested I've found some sources below. :9*:  Not to sure on the sources though, has anyone here bought fish from them in the past? 

cichlidsarespecial.com/Kyoga-Flameback

bluegrassaquatics.com/hapochromis-kyoga-flameback.html

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have never bought from them but I have heard bluegrassaquatics listed a few times on other forums for people purchasing. I saw some fry on a site and I have contacted him to see if he ships and would sell some. If he will I can get you his contact information. His are breeding about every 3 weeks it seems.

fishermanpete

Would you?? That'd be great! I was looking for around 3" so medium sized. His male looks awesome, hope I find one just as nice! It seems bluegrassaquatics is a reputable source, if things don't work out I'll give bluegrass a shot. Let me know!  :spoton: 

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I contacted him, he has 4 fry now and a female holding. He is checking to see how much shipping would cost and getting back to me. :)