Any Trophues Breeders out there?

Bob

I know there was a member selling some awhile back. Curious if anyone out there is still breeding. If so what types do you have?

Thanks

Elblin

I still have a bunch of fry. I have sp. Red Lunangwa South, Ikola, Bulu Point, and Brichardi Canary Cheeks available. Another member has Duboisi Masawa. Remember, these don't do well in small numbers, best to have a colony of at least 12 or more to spread out aggression.

Bob

Ah yes Elblin i remember now, i have a done quite a bit or research since i pm'd you last time. I will be setting up the tank next weekend. Unsure if i want to do a 75 or a 125, decisions decisions. I was really hoping to find some Ilangi or Kasanga but they seem pretty hard to find.

JimmyZ

I would go 125 for sure if you can, cause if your like me you will wish you had.. His Canary cheeks are awesome looking. IIlangi are getting hard to find specially wild caught, Kasanga which I have and are readily available to order in from suppliers. If I had to do it over I think Id be looking at Ikola and those Canary cheeks.

Bob

JimmyZ said:
Kasanga which I have and are readily available to order in from suppliers.

Only place i have access to is the cichlid exchange and i havent seen them there yet. Been keeping an eye on aquabid too.

Bob

Yea i saw you teasing me. I am at a crossroads with my 125 gallon. It's currently planted but its got massive algae issues. I cant decide if i want to tear is down and do Tropheus, or fully commit to planted and upgrade all the lighting and co2 and more plants.

Bob

Unfortunately its all on my plants lol, and i dont want them eating those

JimmyZ

I have over 60 in a 240. I would think 25 to 35 or so, a large group of the same is the best way to go.