Any stores that would take saltwater fish for store credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm receiving a 120 gallon tank from a friend (for free. WOO!)
It was used as a saltwater setup, and he currently has a Lyretail Wrasse and a Banded Coral Shrimp in it.

I don't want to keep it as a satlwater setup, so I'm curious what stores might take them in for store credit/cash. Would definitely prefer it if the store sold freshwater fish if they did store credit. It wouldn't make sense to trade them in for store credit, at a store that only does saltwater, because then I'd be stuck with credit that I won't be able to use. LOL.

I could try selling them on craigslist, but I don't know how long it would take for me to find a buyer, let alone keeping them alive for days/weeks. So, trying to find a store is the best option for me. I just have to figure out which stores will accept them for cash/store credit. Unless someone on here might be interested in buying them. *wink wink*

Unfortunately these stores won't take them. I've already tried calling: (I will add more to the list, as I call other stores)
-Denny's Pet World
-Fish Emporium
-Little Amazon
-Shark Reef
-Red C Aquarium

If it comes to it, I will just put them up for adoption. Shark Reef will take them for free.

Re: Any stores that would take saltwater fish for store cred

ziggyzoo said:
Check dennys pet world in kirkland

lol, I already stated in my main post that I've already tried them. :)
They said no, only because they already have a Lyretail Wrasse in their stock.

hose91

Bummer about Shark Reef. They sell some dry goods, so you could have maybe used the store credit that way. Sierra pets in Renton has a decent sized saltwater section, they might be worth trying. Also, A Place for Pets in Burien. Smaller saltwater section, but I have had decent luck rehoming fish there (African Mbuna, mostly) for store credit. Good luck. Congrats on the killer deal. 48" tank? What are you going to do with it?

Thanks for the suggestions, hose91! I'll give em a call shortly! :)

I may have found a friend that is willing to take them, and I would definitely prefer that over dropping them off at a store but he isn't sure if he can keep the wrasse with his tank. So we will see. :p

I'm planning on putting everything that's in my 100 gallon tank into the 120.
My 100 gal tank is 5 feet long and is too big lengthwise to fit in a room, but the 120 is perfect because it's only 4ft long.

Once the 100 gal is empty, I will most likely end up selling it :)

Ali

The fish store on lake city way does trades for store credit.

Right now I'm about to meet with a vet buddy who keeps saltwater, I'll ask if she's interested :)

I was able to work something out with a friend and he will be taking the fish, while I take the tank. Yay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.