FS Any body have room for a large pleco?

My girlfriend cleans apartments after the tenenants move out. Well today she did one that the guy left a 55gallon with a few fish in it. She of coarse brought it home. Well I don't think the tank is big enough for this poor guy. Really just hoping to find this guy a good home.

[GALLERY=media, 89]IMG_20160102_231039 by justin case posted Jan 2, 2016 at 11:18 PM[/GALLERY]

popss

180, 145 and a 95. be setting up a 45 at work in the next week or 2. I have the thank space, be cheaper to drive to me than mail. look up map quest, Monroe WA. perhaps 45 minutes from you.

45 minutes 70 minutes 140 minutes. May as well be on the other side of the world as my truck is broke needing a tranny. So I can't drive to the next town over let alone to Monroe. The money in isn't A problem. Its figuring how to safely send this spiney bastard in the mail.

popss

you want to ship that is fine. pm me and we do the address thing. As for shipping do to being being spiny guy a breather bag be the way to go in a Tupperware tote, then boxed with the sides, bottom and top paneled with a Styrofoam panels.
secure the top of the tote with large zip ties or large rubber bands.
kordon being the bag of choice. they have a self seal membrane should be fine for the short trip.

Ali

If you guys aren't in a rush I might be able to help. I live in Mountlake Terrace and go north on I5 up to visit Bellingham every once in a while. I could pick him up on the way south and meet up with Pops

That would be awesome Ali. He's no longer happy and has escaped the tank once already. I can't believe how tough this guy is. He was laying outside the tank for I'd say around 8 hours. I put him back in and he seems no worse for the wear. I think when I put my fish in with him they were just to much movement for him. Water checks out fine. Can't think any other reason.

popss

while not good for them, they can live out of the water for quite some time, there gills are internal, and have a chamber they use to hold water and air.