another one from everett?!

I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eatin' machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends. Not food.
<hr />

Hello all, my name is Dylan and I have an unhealthy obsession with fishkeeping. I've only been into the hobby for about a year but have been learning quickly.

My first foray into fishkeeping was an utter, uneducated disaster. Contrary to what you local PetSmartCo employee may tell you, it is inadvisable to keep 3 Platys, 5 Neons, and a Common Pleco in a 1.5g cube, even if you 'let the water sit for a day.'

HUJxFwSh.jpg

My 2nd attempt was a rescue tank that was given to me by a friend. It's previous owner had passed and the tank was left unattended for who knows how long. It was sitting at 90F and half empty. I cleaned it up and it was my first 'real' attempt at a proper tank.

U2XzDux.jpg

I currently have 2 tanks up and running, a 55g planted community and a 20g high tech.

v5Q5dVk.jpg

NbU2A7f.jpg

Anyways, I recently joined GSAS and am looking forward to learning more!

Madness

Staff member
OMG, seriously? Another planted tank member. I Will due be happy when this fad dies. :joker: :roll:roll:lol

Madness

Staff member
And welcome aboard glad to see that you decided to join our little community. Your tanks look very nice. :)

dwarfpike

Madness said:
OMG, seriously?  Another planted tank member.  I Will due be happy when this fad dies. :joker: :roll:roll:lol
Without planted tanks, how do you raise those tasty treats everyone has here to feed to your cichlids? :whistle

And welcome!!! :welcome!: 

cichlid-gal

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have learned a lot from your early attempts. Your current tanks look real nice. Great job. Have you thought of hanging those 4 lights on your 55G rather than have them sitting on the tank? Don't they generate a lot of heat?

Lamental Jester said:
Wowzer!  Great setups!  :welcome!: 
Thank you!

PokeSephiroth said:
Yay, more Everett peeps!! :D
Welcome to fishbox!

Nice tanks you got there!
Thanks! That frogbit you gave me really saved me from some algae problems I was having.

Klaude said:
Awesome tanks! I'm really glad to see another Everett planted tank person.
Thank you! I feel like with all the aquatic peeps in this area there is a definite lack of a good LFS. Either head all the way to Edmonds or head north.

Madness said:
OMG, seriously?  Another planted tank member.  I Will due be happy when this fad dies. :joker: :roll:roll:lol
Yeah seriously, you kids with your rock and roll and short skirts and C02 injectors!
pKnRM.gif

Madness said:
And welcome aboard glad to see that you decided to join our little community.  Your tanks look very nice.  :)
KaraWolf said:
Welcome!! And dannnng your current tanks look fantastic!
Thank you!

SiRWesDragon said:
Very nice tanks. And :welcome!: 
Thanks!

cichlid-gal said:
Welcome to the forum.  Looks like you have learned a lot from your early attempts.  Your current tanks look real nice.  Great job.  Have you thought of hanging those 4 lights on your 55G rather than have them sitting on the tank?  Don't they generate a lot of heat?
Thank you! Hanging the lights is one of those projects that I just never got around to doing. Right now they generate a moderate amount of heat, but nothing that worries me. The heater in the sump rarely flicks on during the day.

MorganEA

would you rather us use neon plastic plants? Iv got a few of those if you want them Madness!!
bronzefighter your tanks look amazing!! I love your 55gal tank it looks beautiful!

A

Anonymous

1st of all WELCOME! I think many of us have learned lessons like the ones you learned. 2nd, your current tanks look great!

3rd
Madness said:
Maddness, this is not a fad. Its evolution, so plant something!  :D

MorganEA said:
would you rather us use neon plastic plants? Iv got a few of those if you want them Madness!!
bronzefighter your tanks look amazing!! I love your 55gal tank it looks beautiful!
Thank you!

And if anyone is interested, here are some links other pictures of my older tanks and newer ones as well:

imgur.com/a/VIZ7m - Older tanks

imgur.com/a/HI6gX - 20g Rimless

imgur.com/a/qxb3b - DIY 55

imgur.com/a/dyJfn - (Failed) Shrimp Tank
Welp, I guess I'm too much of a newblet to post links. Copy and paste the links if you'd like to see em.

Livebearer

WOW,
The things I could grow in that tank. I hope you like plants cause the club has lots of great grower! What K value are bulbs are in those fixtures?

Livebearer said:
WOW,
The things I could grow in that tank. I hope you like plants cause the club has lots of great grower! What K value are bulbs are in those fixtures?
They are all 6500k. 13Wx2 and 23Wx2, just from the lowes by my house.