Another Madness Group Buy "PICTURES"

Madness

Staff member
I know that I have one up for Jeff Rapps, but I have been keeping my eye on a couple other vendors for some exotic plecos. I was actually about to place a small order from the Wet Spot, when L190 (thank you sir) sent me a p.m. telling me that one of the 'other' vendors had updated their list, and boy did they update their list.(I am going so broke, thanks L190 :) )

Here is their list http://www.freshwatertropicalfishonline ... Retail.pdf let me know if any of you want in. I would like to place the order within a couple weeks because there are a few Plecs on the list that I have been looking for and want. :)

L190

Re: Another Madness Group Buy "PLECOS"

No prob madness :) . I'll probably join in on this order but don't think i'll be getting the more exotic, expensive Plecos. Like you, I'm going broke.

ArtPleco

So far I see I need about 2k for L24's L25's and the chubby, as well as the black spiny monster and 3 55g tanks just for each scarlet

Chiisai

Madness do you have any L- 239 Blue Panaque's? I am seriously considering hopping on this buy to get a few but was wondering if anyone has had them and could help me out with a few questions. such as breeding, temperament.

Madness

Staff member

I do have a Blue Panaque. What would you like to know? They are a very mellow cat, stay secluded and hidden most of the time. Unlike many other exotic cats the Blue Panaque is herbivore not carnivore. From what I found there has only been 1 recording of an actual breeding of the L239.

Attachments

• 20130716_201957.jpg
    20130716_201957.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 162

Chiisai

Think 3 would be ok in a 65g with a few bolivian rams and 3 clown plecos? Have a fluval canister filter, 2 heaters(one is a fail-safe set 5 degrees lower, and a sponge filter. Tank is Moderate planted with wood and rock formations. Also... wife wants to know what the top pleco is so she can find the price lol

EDIT: Would veggie flakes work do you think or fresh veggies only?

Madness

Staff member

Chiisai said:
Think 3 would be ok in a 65g with a few bolivian rams and 3 clown plecos? Have a fluval canister filter, 2 heaters(one is a fail-safe set 5 degrees lower, and a sponge filter. Tank is Moderate planted with wood and rock formations. Also... wife wants to know what the top pleco is so she can find the price lol

EDIT: Would veggie flakes work do you think or fresh veggies only?

A good veggi based food/pellet will work perfectly, and fresh veggies work well also, (spinach, carrots, squash, potatoes, apples, watermelon, green beans, peppers, zucchini), . They love to munch on the wood as well as hide in it. The top cat is a Gold Nugget (L018), they are more Omnivorous (the same type of diet but would need a higher protein food from time to time) and can be very territorial. A 3-4" Nugget runs about $50+.

Because they stay 4" or less, they should work OK in that setting, though adding more cats (plecos), you may need to add a water change each week

ArtPleco

Agreed^

I do water changes every other day of 20percent I don't like the sediment on the bottom and sucking it up equates to a 5gallon bucket anyway. So I justo forth and do more at the time. I need to upgrade the circulation direction. A sunsun 530gph in a 55 is great but need a few big wave makers in there for it. I have two clowns a l114 a giant sailfin and a royal. I believe if you got killer filtration. You can exceed the normal limits. Plus adding a aquaponocs over head sump helps a poop ton lol

Chiisai

Well the mostly sand substrate is currently INFESTED with malaysian trump snails which unfortunately means food does not sit around for more than 5min before a dogpile of snails gets it. I can feed the fish in the tank now and upload a pic to show what I mean if your interested. Currently the tank gets 1-4 water changes of 15-20gal a week depending on how busy life is and what the parameters are looking like. I am definately thinking I need to run out and get more wood. I kinda like the "Bog" look of lots of driftwood with plants growing in between them(though I have never had success attaching plants to the driftwood).

EDIT: yeah wife and I want to do a Pleco tank, but huge(300gal+) tanks are not in the budget so wanted to gather a few small species and see how it goes. Someday I hope to reach pleco "Madness" level... when I have more $$$

Madness

Staff member

Well Id like to do an order early next week, so send me your list and I will add it to mine and get pricing. Bog wood is only good for shelter, the Plecs can not feed on it, it is too hard, Malaysian wood is much better for this.

ArtPleco

If anyone needs a Madrone tree and have a huge tank let me know. I got very large branches for some large plecos they love eating it

Madness

Staff member

The big order is in, and the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Thank you L190 for joining in on the group buy, I cant wait to see what these beauties look like.

Sorry to those that wanted in originally but for whatever reason were not able to this time, there will be more. :)

Lastly I wonder if the 'pm' on here isnt working correctly, there are some of you that wanted in, and when I sent several pm's out to you, I never once got a response, so unfortunately, your fish were not ordered.

L190

Thanks for doing the group buy, kind of sad though since the vendor was out of the l25. Madness I texted you, did you get it?

Madness

Staff member

I'm in bed asleep by 8, just saw it. :) we will get some 25s soon :)