Anabantoids

Ratlova30

Would be cool to change the betta section into a Anabantoid section. I think it would drum up more interest to that section if people could post things about any labyrinth breathing fish like gouramis or paradise fish and of course the betta. There just isn't enough betta enthusiasts to keep that section going.

sandnuka

I was waiting to see if anyone agreed with you honestly... lol.... looks like your the only one so far.... a few more people think it should change, and I will change it. ;)

Kaosu

yyyeeesss!!!!!!!!! i agree wit her!!

more love for the air breathers!..though i only have one lone retarded paradise fish...we need more love for them all.

Kaosu

ahaha well when i had them in a 10 gallon grow out tank he jammed him self in to a small decoration in the tank..he was so stuck i had to break the decoration out around him..it crushed his mid section..so i tossed him in to the Sculpin tank for a snack.

well he could not keep him self up right...well weeks later he was healing with a dent top and bottom....and er almost a year later he is still going good

he has swim bladder problems and cannot keep his balance when he looks down..he goes up side down and flips about till he corrects him self...so now he lives with the sculpin and my large killi fish, he stays tucked in to a tangle of plants up right and now can swim around.its just silly to watch him hunt for food on the bottom (witch he rarely does now)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The section could read Betta and other Labyrinth fishes

aquaman95

i agree im getting a betta soon and i am already wanting to breed my gourami i just can not find females a slow enough filter for them and a shallow enough tank but i know the process so hopefully this will be the fourth fish breed i can conquer.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a good idea, I'n just more of a SW guy so unless its a marine betta not my thing but if marine bettas are included I'm all for it.

sandnuka

ok, Im gonna have to say this idea isnt going anywhere.... there is definetly not enough interested, the betta section would probably get less love than it already does cause betta keeps dont know what anabantoids means even. lol

Fish Addict

I agree with the change because I want to know more about the air breathers other then just bettas.... Plus I really want so unusual air breathers :-D

Mikey

The name has been changed since yesterday. For further inquiries/suggestions, please post in the Forum Operations section.

It's where you can "Post your questions, comments and suggestions for the staff".