Altums arrive

bassetman

Just out of the bags and looking great. Six little altums, all active and hungry. These are wild Columbian altums quarter to fifty cent piece size. 

Madness

Staff member
Very nice little guys. Is this a new direction for you, or just trying to get a little bit of everything. ;)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
From the looks of the bags, I would guess from The Wet Spot?

Awesome fish!

MorganEA

DMD123 said:
From the looks of the bags, I would guess from The Wet Spot?

Awesome fish!
I was about to say that i recognize that bag! I love The Wet Spot. Beautiful new fish Bassetman I would love some Altums one day.

leisure_man

This is a nice batch of WC altums. I think Wetspot only lost one. I don't expect them to last much longer as they are going fast. I was thinking of picking up some more, but mine are way too big for these little guys and they are starting to pair off too. So hurry if you want them.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Wetspot quarantines prior to releasing fish. I doubt you will see any illness unless they get it once in your own tank from what I have heard. They looks great!

star_rider

keep an eye on them.. Altums can be a bit tricky. I noticed one with clamped fins(tail fin)
an early stress sign...most likely due to being new.

if they are wc altum they come from very acidic water and have issues with immune system and bacteria. wild altum often come from a very low pH where bacteria is suppressed.
do you know if they inirida or atabapos?

they look larger than dime size. generally early season angels tend to Inirada..same strain as the ones I have(from 2011)
good news that they are little piggies at feeding time.  :D 

bassetman

Just saw this. They are doing great . I will put some pics up in the next couple days. My herd is up to 14 now. 8 Atabapo and 6 Inirida.

Here is a quick iPad pic.